[net.physics] Tesla <correction>

chongo@nsc.UUCP (Landon C. Noll) (03/06/85)

In article <2436@nsc.UUCP> chongo@nsc.UUCP (Landon C. Noll) writes:
 >What Tesla did was made what is known as St. Elmo's fire.

 >The fireball effect can be created in nature as well.  St. Elmo's fire
 >is often seen during very high wind storms in connection with lightning.

I have been told by some folks that  "St. Elmo's fire"  noted above should
have read  "Ball lightning".   Oh well I made a mistake and now you
will have to read a zillion flames on the mistake, sorry about that.

chongo <*sigh*> /\../\
--
If Tesla had been born in the early 60's, he might have been the builder of
desk top Cray-VI like computers running a super 4.9BSD like operating system.