[net.physics] Weird Gravitational effects in Scotland

jam@dcl-cs.UUCP (John A. Mariani) (09/20/85)

In article <541@petrus.UUCP> mwg@petrus.UUCP (Mark Garrett) writes:
>++
>> > There is a similar weird "gravitational" effect somewhere in Scotland
>> > been years and years and I can't remember where) that is called a magnetic
>> > hill. If you drive 'downhill', turn around and put the car in neutral,
>> > it will then roll back 'uphill'.
>> > Pete

Point of information -- the place refered to above is the Electric Brae
somewhere near Ayr (birth place of Rabbie Burns).

Mind you, everybody in Glasgow experiences these effects at closing time
on a Saturday night ....

--
"You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars...."

UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
JANET: jam@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4467	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.