[net.games.pbm] Monopoly pbm game aid

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (08/28/85)

In article <43600004@hpcnof.UUCP> dat@hpcnof.UUCP writes:

>had already figured out with a program I wrote which:
>
>-	had the complete board internally, including all the cards and the
>	actions that each card had (like 'go to jail').
>	landed on square on the board...
>
>Anyway, I'd like to some day (when I have TIME!!) write a program that not
>only supervises a game (which has been done before by (?) Ken Arnold) but
>actually have it PLAY the game.

   I've been thinking about the upcoming monopoly pbm games, and wondering if
anybody has or can hack up a computer version of the game that can accept
some sort of command file for roles 'n such (provided by a moderator), will
keep track of a game in a "save" file somewhere, and can check the board
game occasionally against a master position (again kindly provided by the
moderator at pre-defined intervals).  I admit to being ignorant as to how
pbm games are run, but it seems to me that this would make things one helluva
lot easier to keep track of.  How about it?  Any takers?

 - joel "vo" plutchak
{allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster

"The play's the thing."