[net.games.pbm] Feasibility of PBM D&D Game

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (11/26/85)

In article <524@unmc.UUCP> vc155ah@unmc.UUCP () writes:

>3) Please remember, this entire game is a giant experiment. Remember back a
>while ago, when Ryan Ramsey first posted the idea of PBM D & D? Well, it was
>just to see if a campaign (or adventure) would work if played PBM.

FRP has been played by mail for many years (postal, that is).  I've both
played and DMed PBM FRP, both postal and electronic.  It can work rather
nicely, though the flavor of the game tends to be somewhat different.

Frankly I don't think it can work with such a big party, but we'll see...

    Scott R. Turner
    ARPA:  (now) srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA  (soon) srt@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
    FISHNET:  ...!{flounder,crappie,flipper}!srt@fishnet-relay.arpa