[net.games.pbm] Dautrich Dippy Game

bad@npoiv.UUCP (Bruce Dautrich) (02/24/86)

	We now have 3 alternates who you might want to keep informed
they are:

	Alt1	Brian Utterback		ihnp4!inmet!faust!brianu
	Alt2	Doug Miller		ihnp4!seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!doug
	Alt3	Tom Tedrick		(uncertain path)

If anyone misses moves 1 time, I will contact the alternate and ask
him to submit moves for that country. I will also try and contact the
original player and find out his intentions. If the moves are missed the
second time the country will be forfeited to the alternate. If you
are going to be away for an extended period of time and may miss a move
let me know. You can come up with your own alternate for a short period
or use one of the existing alternates.

	Note of administration

First if people want more time for the first move please let me know. I
will follow the wishes of the majority. Second when you contact other
players by mail please send a copy to me. I would like to have some
fun watching the strategy of each player as it developes. I will also
be trying to put out a newspaper which will detail things that you
want detailed. I will also include notes on who is talking to whom
also specified not to in your mail. For example:

	The Russian Czar met today with the Emperor of Austria Hungary.

No details of the conversation will be given nor will any indication of
the success or failure of the negotiations. This information can be
helpful to all players and is available in a face to face game.	My feeling
is that the newspaper should come out every week. Any objections should be
voiced as soon as you can for I will try to get the first installment out
next week.

					The Russian Bear
					Bruce Dautrich

tedrick@ernie.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU (Tom Tedrick) (02/26/86)

In article <4141@npoiv.UUCP> bad@npoiv.UUCP (Bruce Dautrich) writes:

>	We now have 3 alternates who you might want to keep informed
>they are:
>
>	Alt1	Brian Utterback		ihnp4!inmet!faust!brianu
>	Alt2	Doug Miller		ihnp4!seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!doug
>	Alt3	Tom Tedrick		(uncertain path)

Ummm, does

tedrick@ernie.berkeley.edu

help?

    -Tom

bad@npoiv.UUCP (Bruce Dautrich) (02/28/86)

	I have sent the following mail to everyone concerned please be
	advised and act accordingly if you do not recieve this mail.

	I have recieved mail from Italy, Austria, and Germany. So if you
	tried to send me something it did not get through yet.

	Please continue to mail me your correspondences with other
	players I am enjoying them to no end.

FROM:       b.a.dautrich
TO:         ~dip
DATE:       28 Feb 1986   9:34 EST
SUBJECT:    Dautrich Diplomacy Game

	Comments so far:

	1. Some people have complained that I did not mail to them
	to determine if the mail paths were workable.

		In my opinion this is not important for me. First
		I should not disclose anything I would not disclose
		to everyone so to regulate myself I will only post
		to net.games.pbm. Second the more important part
		of things are the paths between each of you not
		between me and you. If people find this unworkable
		I will ask one of the alternates to fill in.

	2. Since people did not seem to get the posting as quickly as
	I thought they would I will change the due date for the first
	move back to the beginning of business on the 17 of March. Word
	of warning I get in early so don't plan on sending anything in
	on Monday it won't get here in time. Also I will arbitrate based
	on the lastest set of moves that you send in. I have recieved
	1 set of moves so far. This is wise in that if your machine or
	even mine doesn't get the mail as fast as you would like you
	can have a backup set of moves available. (Much better than
	holding especially in the early moves). If you would like to
	you can number the moves that you send to me so that I am
	absolutely positive which moves you intended.

	3. As a general note. I take a very liberal towards ambiguous
	or incorrect moves. If the move can be interpreted in 1 way
	and 1 way only then it will occur that way. But if it has multiple
	meanings nothing will happen. Example:

		A Brest -> Mid
		Brest -> Mid
		F Brest -> Mid

	Since there is only one unit in Brest and it happens to be a fleet
	then all of the above moves can only have 1 intention. which is to
	move the unit from Brest to Mid. However:

		F Con -> Bul

	Would not work because it makes a difference which coast was intended
	so this move could have 2 meanings and would not work. So watch so
	those coast markers.

						The Russian Bear
						Bruce Dautrich

laura@hoptoad.uucp (Laura Creighton) (03/01/86)

In article <12054@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> tedrick@ernie.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Tom Tedrick) writes:
>In article <4141@npoiv.UUCP> bad@npoiv.UUCP (Bruce Dautrich) writes:
>>
>>	We now have 3 alternates who you might want to keep informed
>>they are:
>>
>>	Alt1	Brian Utterback		ihnp4!inmet!faust!brianu
>>	Alt2	Doug Miller		ihnp4!seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!doug
>>	Alt3	Tom Tedrick		(uncertain path)
>
>Ummm, does
>
>tedrick@ernie.berkeley.edu
>
>help?

	If that doesn't, try ihnp4!seismo!lll-crg!ernie.berkeley.edu!tedrick.

Replying to people at berkeley who aren't on ucbarpa is a pain in the neck.
But lll-crg!ernie.berkeley.edu!person works from here, and I know seismo
talks to lll-crg...

Laura

--
Laura Creighton
ihnp4!hoptoad!laura  utzoo!hoptoad!laura  sun!hoptoad!laura