[ont.uucp] experimental feed change

The Waterloo-Toronto news feed has been experimentally switched to a link
between "water" and "utgpu" using Netnorth.  The old "watmath"-"utzoo" phone
link still exists for mail but isn't carrying news at the moment, except for
a few groups (like this one) where high redundancy is considered useful.
Just thought I would let people know why the news seems to be coming in by
odd paths.  (Toronto is seeing a lot of news by that route right now, since
seismo seems to be ill and isn't feeding mnetor much.)
--
Legalize			Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
freedom!			{allegra,ihnp4,decvax,pyramid}!utzoo!henry

reggers@julian.UUCP (02/27/87)

In article <7707@utzoo.UUCP> henry@utzoo.UUCP writes:
>The Waterloo-Toronto news feed has been experimentally switched to a link
>between "water" and "utgpu" using Netnorth.  The old "watmath"-"utzoo" phone
>Legalize			Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
>freedom!			{allegra,ihnp4,decvax,pyramid}!utzoo!henry

How many sites are doing this now? Is this the same method that feeds news
to Western? Should the tools/protocols developed to do this be put out on
the net so others can do the same?
Title:		Postmaster (E-mail) University of Western Ontario
Telephone:	(519) 661 2151 x6044
Postal:		Computing and Communications Services
		Natural Sciences Centre
		University of Western Ontario
		London, Ontario N6A 5B7
		Canada