[ont.uucp] lsuc news problems

dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman|LSUC|Toronto) (11/27/87)

Chris Lewis (lsuc!clewis, spectrix!clewis) has very kindly taken
on the task of installing C news here.  Unfortunately, the day he
picked for the switchover happened to be the day I took off for a
3-day conference without mentioning to him that I wouldn't be around.
The combination of C news, this peculiar machine and Chris not
being completely familiar with the intricacies of our old news
setup let to various problems which are sorting themselves out.
Things should be straight soon.

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
--
{ uunet!mnetor  pyramid!utai  decvax!utcsri  ihnp4!utzoo } !lsuc!dave
Pronounce it ell-ess-you-see, please...

clewis@lsuc.uucp (Chris Lewis|Chris Lewis|Markham) (11/28/87)

In article <1987Nov26.162033.29015@lsuc.uucp>, dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman|LSUC|Toronto) writes:
> Chris Lewis (lsuc!clewis, spectrix!clewis) has very kindly taken
> on the task of installing C news here.  Unfortunately, the day he
> picked for the switchover happened to be the day I took off for a
> 3-day conference without mentioning to him that I wouldn't be around.
> The combination of C news, this peculiar machine and Chris not
> being completely familiar with the intricacies of our old news
> setup let to various problems which are sorting themselves out.
> Things should be straight soon.

Would the SA's of the machines immediately downstream of lsuc examine
their logs and if there has been any lost news, please send me mail
that includes:
	the machine id.
	the last couple of article-id's received from lsuc BEFORE the
	interruption
	the first couple of article-id's received from lsuc AFTER the
	interruption.
Eg: I hope that the feeds are working now, but there might be a day or
two of broken feed.
> David Sherman
> Pronounce it ell-ess-you-see, please...

Okay.
--
Chris Lewis, Curmudgeon #2,
{uunet!mnetor,pyramid!utai,decvax!utcsri,ihnp4!utzoo}!lsuc!clewis