[ont.uucp] News droughts

egisin@watmath.waterloo.edu (Eric Gisin) (06/11/88)

I believe there are two feeds between Ontario and the rest of the backbone.
There is the attcan-uunet feed, and the watmath-clyde feed.
The watmath-clyde link has been down since Wednesday evening
(I hope the admins at these sites know about the problem).
I suspect the attcan feed has failed too, anyone know?

> I suspect the attcan feed has failed too.

There seems to be something wrong at attcan; utzoo hasn't talked to them
for a couple of days now.  I doubt that much can be done about it until
Monday.
--
"For perfect safety... sit on a fence|  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
and watch the birds." --Wilbur Wright| {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry

mbeast@attcan.UUCP (The Ascii GOD) (06/13/88)

In article <19418@watmath.waterloo.edu>, egisin@watmath.waterloo.edu (Eric Gisin) writes:
> I believe there are two feeds between Ontario and the rest of the backbone.
> There is the attcan-uunet feed, and the watmath-clyde feed.
> The watmath-clyde link has been down since Wednesday evening
> (I hope the admins at these sites know about the problem).
> I suspect the attcan feed has failed too, anyone know?

Yes. 'Murphy' struck me bad. I went on a course June 6 and news broke June
7 undetected until June 10. News began flowing June 11 (early morning) and
seems to have stabilized now. Looks like all news out of attcan between
June 7 and 9 was lost.

Sheesh, try to sneak away on one weeny teeny course and look what happens!
:-)

BTW What broke has been fixed and cannot break again in my absence. Hear
that Murphy?
-----					#include <std.disclaimer>
Michael B. East (mbeast)		AT&T Canada Inc., Toronto
{utzoo,uunet}!attcan!mbeast		(416) 756-5099

Condense soup, not books!

sahayman@watmath.waterloo.edu (Steve Hayman) (06/14/88)

>I believe there are two feeds between Ontario and the rest of the backbone.
>There is the attcan-uunet feed, and the watmath-clyde feed.
>The watmath-clyde link has been down since Wednesday evening

clyde has just now called watmath for the first time since last Wednesday.
Let's hope things are back to normal.

..steve hayman, mfcf, uw

rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) (06/15/88)

the watmath - clyde link is back up.  nothing lost.
It busted just after I went on holidays...
	-rj

dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) (06/15/88)

rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) writes:
>the watmath - clyde link is back up.  nothing lost.

Will it be affected by AT&T's decision to cut back on mail
forwarding, or does that not affect netnews per se?

David Sherman
--
{ uunet!mnetor  pyramid!utai  decvax!utcsri  utzoo } !lsuc!dave

rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) (06/29/88)

In article <1988Jun15.064211.13276@lsuc.uucp> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
	rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) writes:
	>the watmath - clyde link is back up.  nothing lost.

	Will it be affected by AT&T's decision to cut back on mail
	forwarding, or does that not affect netnews per se?

to the best of my knowledge, it will not affect netnews.
	-rj