[ont.uucp] A loop in the news

harrison@utfyzx.uucp (David Harrison) (02/26/89)

There is a loop in the local news feed and much crufty old news is
now coming around for the second time.  It is in many groups, but
a clear example is this honey from ont.uucp:

> Newsgroups: ont.uucp
> Date: 27 Jan 89 22:55:03 GMT

See the utgpu!jarvis.csri.toronto.edu!utgpu loop?  So, if you missed
the posting about why isatty(stdin) fails in unix.questions and the
thousands of follow-ups, you may get a second chance (or more).
--
David Harrison, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Toronto |  "Space and time are
UUCP: {utgpu,sq,oscvax}!utfyzx!harrison            |   adverbs"

johncw@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Johnny Chee-Wah) (02/27/89)

There was a problem with utgpu news and I resent some news [probably too
much] from utjarvis. I was too late before I remembered not to batch news
to other systems during this time, so some news leaked out. :-(