[ont.uucp] mnetor down time

ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) (08/02/89)

Sometime over the past weekend mnetor developed a bad track on the
disk drive that /usr/spool resides on.  The bad track was, true to
Murphy's Law, in the middle of the inode table.  Some weirdness
resulted.  Any mail through mnetor between Friday 28 July and
Monday 31 July may have been dropped in the sewer (with or without
notice).  Anything important should probably be resent just to be
sure that it arrives intact (or delivery verified with the recipient).

To the sites that we exchange news with: our most sincere apologies.
Everything is patched together now, but many, many news articles
were lost.  Happily, mnetor is now once again accepting and providing
news feeds.
--
Ron Miller
DUMB:  {uunet|utzoo}!mnetor!ron

ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) (10/20/89)

Mnetor will be off the air from some time on Friday until some time
on Sunday or Monday for a brain transplant.  All possible care will
be taken to ensure that mail/news is not lost, just delayed.

--

ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) (11/01/89)

In article <5106@mnetor.UUCP> ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) writes:
>Mnetor will be off the air from some time on Friday until some time
>on Sunday or Monday for a brain transplant.  All possible care will
>be taken to ensure that mail/news is not lost, just delayed.

Mnetor is back up (at last).  When we did manage to get the modems
working again we immediately had a disk overflow on /usr/spool, but
only news was affected by that (174 articles lost).  Nineteen mail
messages were delayed, but not lost.  We now return you to your
regularly scheduled programming.