[ont.uucp] attcan down?

root@nebulus (Dennis S. Breckenridge) (11/14/89)

Typical!

We should investigate the possibility of taking duplicate feeds for
the Toronto Area for this type of problem. Maybe UUNET.NORTH should
become a reality!

NAME:     Dennis S. Breckenridge   UUCP: uunet!tmsoft!nebulus!dennis
QTH:      Toronto, Canada          ELECTROMAGNETIC:   145.03Mhz ve3gss@ve3gss
AMPR.ORG: [44.135.88.54]           THE RIGHT CHIOCE?: (416) 733-1696

In article <1989Nov13.190909.24564@nebulus> root@nebulus (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:
>Typical!
>
>We should investigate the possibility of taking duplicate feeds for
>the Toronto Area for this type of problem. Maybe UUNET.NORTH should
>become a reality!

Then what happens when it goes down?

We actually do have considerable redundancy in the central part of the
feed topology, including multiple feeds into the Toronto area, but
inevitably this redundancy doesn't extend all the way to the leaves.

It could be lots worse.  There was a time when if utzoo was down, the
entire Toronto-area Usenet was pretty much completely down.
--
A bit of tolerance is worth a  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
megabyte of flaming.           | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu