[net.wines] Hallertauer Hops

michaelh@tekecs.UUCP (Michael Herbert) (02/20/86)

In article <1011@burl.UUCP>, Geoff Sherwood writes:

> I probably misspelled the name, but I find that these are far in
> a way my favorites for home beer brewing...
> Do any of you home brewers know where I can buy some?

Since all of the brewing supply stores is this area carry a good
selection of both foriegn and domestic hops, I don't have your
problem. I suggest you try to mail order some. I've been very
pleased with the service I've gotten from the following outfit
(although I've never ordered hops from them):

	Wine and Brew By You, Inc.
	Dept. ZW
	5760 Bird Rd.
	Miami, Florida  33155
	(305) 666-5757

I also suggest that you continue using pelletized hops, since
maintaining freshness is not as much of an issue with pellets as
it is with leaf hops.

>  What types of hops do you prefer, anyway?

I share your appreciation of Hallertauer hops and use them frequently
in my brewing, although in some brews I prefer Cascade hops.

Happy Brewing,

Mike Herbert
tektronix!tekecs!michaelh

"Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!"  --  Charlie Papazian