[net.wines] Interested in homebrewing...?

rdg@hpfclj.HP.COM (Rob Gardner) (10/16/86)

This note is intended for homebrewers  and  potential  homebrewers.  I  am
starting  a newsletter/mailing list devoted to the subject of homebrewing,
and I would like to know how much interest there is.  I  know  that  there
are  plenty  of homebrewers out there, and this newsletter will be a forum
for exchanging ideas and information, and problem solving.

Drop me a line if you'd like to receive the newsletter or if you're simply
interested in homebrewing and would like to find out more about it.

Rob Gardner                     {ihnp4,hplabs,hpbbn}!hpfcla!rdg
Hewlett Packard                 or rdg%hpfcla@hplabs.hp.com
Fort Collins, Colorado          303-229-2048

rcd@nbires.UUCP (Dick Dunn) (10/21/86)

> This note is intended for homebrewers  and  potential  homebrewers.  I  am
> starting  a newsletter/mailing list devoted to the subject of homebrewing,
> and I would like to know how much interest there is...

I had started a similar list a couple of years ago (or more).  Although I
had some 20-30 people on the list at the start, the mailing list saw no
more than perhaps five articles.  It might help to know how many people are
really willing to write anything for it (as opposed to just reading
quietly).  I don't quite understand why it never went very far, as getting
started in brewing can be quite frustrating if you get problems (like off-
tastes, which almost everybody does) - you need to ask advice.

How will potential homebrewers (other than those thinking of starting right
now) find us?

It's a good idea, though...hope it takes off.
--
Dick Dunn    {hao,ucbvax,allegra,seismo}!nbires!rcd	(303)444-5710 x3086
   ...I'm not cynical - just experienced.