[net.rumor] Yet more funny laws in Taxachusetts

waters@viking.DEC (Lester Waters) (09/25/84)

Subject: Unsual laws in Massachusetts (post in desperado?)

;Got this list from a recent issue of BOSTON magazine.

In Massachusettes, it is against the law to:

	1) Feed Razor blades to a pig

	2) Construct an "infernal device" that causes destruction,chaos,death
	   (gee, then ban cars from the roads...)

	3) Use a Golfball that will explode/ignite upon impact.  Fine of
	   $500.00 for 1st offense, $5000.00/1 year in jail for repeated
	   offenders.

	4) Use a machine gun for hunting

	5) Water ski at night

	6) Paint/disguise a race-horse

	7) Destroy/deface a Cranberry bush.  (Cranberries are the state drink)

	8) Employ anyone under the age of 15 as a contortionist

In the city of Boston:

	1) Undertakers are forbidden using foul language in the presence of
	   a dead body.

	2) You must be buried a minimum of 3' in the ground

	3) You must be buried between sunrise/sunset

	4) Performing an 'ultimate' sexual act in public, or showing a
	   book/device that shows an 'ultimate sexual act'
	   (Wonder what an 'ultimate sexual act' is?)

	5) store more than 2 cords of manure in your stable.  (I wonder
	   (where they got that measurement...)

	6) Wash your pet/vehicle in public.  Washing your pet/vehicle will be
	   done in privacy.  (I can imagine dragging one's car into the house)
	   (to wash it...)

dee@cca.UUCP (Donald Eastlake) (10/08/84)

While I was a student at MIT, the President's office was broken into
and occupied.  They used a battering ram to get in and those involved
in teh battering were actually prosecuted for "possesion of an infernal
device" or some such.

--
	+	Donald E. Eastlake, III
	ARPA:	dee@CCA-UNIX		usenet:	{decvax,linus}!cca!dee

mp@ganehd.UUCP (Scott Barman) (11/05/84)

<And you thought the laws made sense!>

Last year, a resident of the all male high-rise dorm here at UGA (better
known as "The Zoo") was arrested for "conspiring to commit a terrorist act".
This person was in the process of throwing a snowball during a rare .5 inch
snowfall(?) in Athens!

Nothing here is making sense any more!
Come get me mother, I'm through!
--
Scott A. Barman			USPS: Department of Computer Science
UUCP: {akgua, gatech}!ganehd!mp	      The University of Georgia

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/26/84)

In article <ganehd.203> mp@ganehd.UUCP (Scott Barman) writes:

>Last year, a resident of the all male high-rise dorm here at UGA (better
>known as "The Zoo") was arrested for "conspiring to commit a terrorist act".
>This person was in the process of throwing a snowball during a rare .5 inch
>snowfall(?) in Athens!

Was he throwing it at a Cop?
--
 Jim Budler