[net.rumor] Subgenius Foundation

pete@hao.UUCP (Pete Reppert) (01/14/85)

This is my first attempt at posting an article so excuse any
rough edges. Has anybody out there every heard of the Subgenious
Foundation? It's a pseudo "cult" whose "mission" is to wipe
out the CONSPIRACY AGAINST SLACK. Have they really been going
since 1953? Who is Bob Dobbs really? Why are you even reading
this - I made the whole thing up just to try out the postnews
command. A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!

riddle@ut-sally.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle) (01/15/85)

>         A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
> heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
> sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!

Well, Pete, you may think that "Bob" is preposterous, but I have news for
you:  "Bob"   k n o w s   that *you*'re preposterous.

gam@amdahl.UUCP (gam) (01/15/85)

> This is my first attempt at posting an article so excuse any
> rough edges. Has anybody out there every heard of the Subgenious
> Foundation? It's a pseudo "cult" whose "mission" is to wipe
> out the CONSPIRACY AGAINST SLACK. Have they really been going
> since 1953? Who is Bob Dobbs really? Why are you even reading
> this - I made the whole thing up just to try out the postnews
> command. A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
> heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
> sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!

Don't you believe it!  He's just trying to take our minds off of
it!  But I've SEEN them!  I've got PROOF here!  They came from
the Dog Star millions of years ago -- that little puppy at your
feet is one of their descendants!  He knows!  He's BEEN there!
And you probably don't even know where you are....

(I was right about the comet, too!).
--
Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun}!amdahl!gam

matt@oddjob.UChicago.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (01/16/85)

Some say that Bob is Hugh Beaumont.  Do not be deceived by members of
the conspiracy!  Bob's authority derives directly from the space god
Jehovah-1.

			QUIT YOUR JOB FOR BOB!
Matt			Ancient and Illuminated
Crawford		    Order of Seers

franka@hercules.UUCP (Frank Adrian) (01/16/85)

In article <937@amdahl.UUCP> gam@amdahl.UUCP (gam) writes:
>> This is my first attempt at posting an article so excuse any
>> rough edges. Has anybody out there every heard of the Subgenious
>> Foundation? It's a pseudo "cult" whose "mission" is to wipe
>> out the CONSPIRACY AGAINST SLACK. Have they really been going
>> since 1953? Who is Bob Dobbs really? Why are you even reading
>> this - I made the whole thing up just to try out the postnews
>> command. A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
>> heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
>> sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!
>>

>Don't you believe it!  He's just trying to take our minds off of
>it!  But I've SEEN them!  I've got PROOF here!  They came from
>the Dog Star millions of years ago -- that little puppy at your
>feet is one of their descendants!  He knows!  He's BEEN there!
>And you probably don't even know where you are....
>

>(I was right about the comet, too!).
>--
>Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun}!amdahl!gam

I know, you're right. And you'll pay to know what you really think.
		"Don't just eat a hamburger, eat the hell out of it..."
				Frank Adrian

yrdbrd@bmcg.UUCP (01/17/85)

By way of response, Gordon Moffett writes:

>Don't you believe it!  He's just trying to take our minds off of
>it!  But I've SEEN them!  I've got PROOF here!  They came from
>the Dog Star millions of years ago -- that little puppy at your
>feet is one of their descendants!  He knows!  He's BEEN there!
>And you probably don't even know where you are....
>

>(I was right about the comet, too!).
>--
>Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun}!amdahl!gam

Well said, Gordon.  Let's not forget about the GAS MUSIC FROM JUPITER,
the strange case of Buzz and Betty Krumhunger, and the inexplicable
blue moss...

(He doesn't seem to know what milk is...let's give the little feller a
piece of cheese)

'brd

--
Larry J. Huntley
Burroughs Corporation

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (01/17/85)

> This is my first attempt at posting an article so excuse any
> rough edges. Has anybody out there every heard of the Subgenious
> Foundation? It's a pseudo "cult" whose "mission" is to wipe
> out the CONSPIRACY AGAINST SLACK. Have they really been going
> since 1953? Who is Bob Dobbs really? Why are you even reading
> this - I made the whole thing up just to try out the postnews
> command. A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
> heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
> sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!

Sounds like the Densa Foundation.  You have to take a test to get in.

Question #1.  Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?

Question #2.  Why?

zadco@ssc-vax.UUCP (Rick Fairfield) (01/19/85)

> This is my first attempt at posting an article so excuse any
> rough edges. Has anybody out there every heard of the Subgenious
> Foundation? It's a pseudo "cult" whose "mission" is to wipe
> out the CONSPIRACY AGAINST SLACK. Have they really been going
> since 1953? Who is Bob Dobbs really? Why are you even reading
> this - I made the whole thing up just to try out the postnews
> command. A huge undergroud bogus cult/religion that no one ever
> heard of that believes we are controlled by aliens who are re-
> sponsible for mass cattle mutilations..... REALLY, Preposterous!

1) I keep a picture of Bob pasted to the inside of my briefcase at all times.

2) The Rev. Buck Naked (church of the Subgenious) blessed my marriage at my
bachelor party in 1981 (or was it 1982?).

3) I, like Bob, believe that marriages that automaticaly expire unless renewed
   every six months is an idea who's time has certainly come.

4) Send your $'s to Bob. It's better than giving them to McDonalds.

5) See ya later.

						zzzzzadco