[net.rumor] Perpetual Motion: Urban Folklore

jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) (03/28/85)

In article <487@spp2.UUCP> urban@spp2.UUCP (Mike Urban) writes:
>The incredibly efficient automobile engine that XXX Motors Inc
>   has been keeping under wraps all these years (so they can
>   keep selling their gas guzzlers, ya see).

Well, once I was curious about all them nifty gadgets in the back pages of
Popular Mechanicals and J. C. Whippennies, and having (at the time) more
money than plain, good sense, I fired off a dozen checks and installed a
bunch of the things.

The ads told it all, and I (though a bit skeptical) sucked it all in: the
carburator water injector that saves 22%, the gasoline additive that saves
27%, the special engine treatment -- guaranteed for 19% better mileage, the
special low-friction tires that get a whopping 37% more miles to the gallon;
I got 'em all.  I was really excited at the prospect of 105% better mileage.

There's only one problem, now.  I get sick from swallerin' gas.  Y'see, every
few miles I gotta stop and siphon some out to keep the tank from overflowin'!
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::