[net.rumor] CCI Bought out??????????????????

larry@cci-bdc.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) (05/15/85)

anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
stereo people).????

					larry...

--
uucp:  ..mit-eddie!cybvax0!cci-bdc!larry

arpa:  henrik@mit-mc.ARPA

This mind intentionally left blank.

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (05/17/85)

> anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
> Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
> stereo people).????
>
> 					larry...

Hmm, I thought NBI got them.

mjl@ritcv.UUCP (Mike Lutz) (05/19/85)

> > anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
> > Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
> > stereo people).????
> >
> Hmm, I thought NBI got them.

Nope, the NBI deal got nixed (corporate style problems, from what
the local Rochester papers said).  CCI just had a stockholders
meeting, and no mention of any impending merger/purchase.
--
Mike Lutz	Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY
UUCP:		{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!mjl

rl@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Robert Langridge%CGL) (05/21/85)

In article <10760@brl-tgr.ARPA> ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) writes:
>> anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
>> Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
>> stereo people).????
>>
>Hmm, I thought NBI got them.

NBI and CCI "mutually agreed" (public statement) to discontinue negotiations
a couple of months ago.

Bob Langridge				(rl@ucsfcgl.UUCP)
Computer Graphics Laboratory
926 Medical Sciences			(rl@ucsfcgl.ARPA)
University of California
San Francisco
CA  94143				(Phone: +1 415 666 2630)

jas@rtech.UUCP (Jim Shankland) (05/21/85)

> > anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
> > Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
> > stereo people).????
> >
> > 					larry...
> >

> Hmm, I thought NBI got them.

That was what was supposed to happen, but the deal got called off.
Rumor (aah, rumor...) has it that CCI's profit figures didn't look
bright enough....

Jim Shankland
..!ihnp4!pegasus!rtech!jas
..!ucbvax!mtxinu!rtech!jas

rick@ccicpg.UUCP ( Rick Paul) (05/29/85)

> > anyone hear about Computer Consoles, Inc. being bought out by
> > Phillips Corp. (no, not the Milk of Magnesia people, the
> > stereo people).????
> >
> > 					larry...
> >

> Hmm, I thought NBI got them.

Nope.  No one got us.  We're still 100% CCI.