[net.rumor] How about "Yankees"? Too many down here.

mem@bubba.UUCP (05/24/85)

> I'm inclined to use the word "Yankee" to refer to things of the US.
> Any cashier in BC (western province of Canada, for you eastern
> Yanks) understands "What's that come to in Yankee dollars?".
>
> "Yankee" may have tarnished historical connotations, but then,
> they just may be deserved.

I resent the implication that all of us from the U.S. are "Yankees".  I
prefer to call myself a TEXAN.  What I call a Yankee is someone from, say,
New Yooork.  My idea of where Yankees live is anywhere east of the Dakotas
and north Tennessee and the Carolinas.  Although, my SO says they start
anywhere north of Dallas.

			Native Texan and proud of it.
				M.E. Middleton

PS	I really don't really mind Yankees as long as they're just visiting.
	Like the bumper sticker I see everywhere ---

		 _______________________________
		|				|
		| W E L C O M E  T O  T E X A S |
		|     N O W   G O   H O M E	|
		 -------------------------------

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (06/03/85)

> PS	I really don't really mind Yankees as long as they're just visiting.

  ...and I really don't mind Texans, as long as they stay down in Dallas and
keep the hell off of our ski slopes with their orange windbreakers and cowboy
hats. "Heell no we don't need no snow tires. It snowed two eenches down in
Dalllas last yar and we deed just fahn..." Like the bumper sticker I see
*here* all the time:

 "If God had meant Texans to ski he would have made bullshit white"

 Now, let's add several :-)'s to those articles, please! :-) :-)

--Greg
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!noao | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!noao}
       		        !hao!woods

CSNET: woods@NCAR  ARPA: woods%ncar@CSNET-RELAY

     "...I may not be right but I've never been wrong
      It seldom turns out the way it does in the song..."

gmack@denelvx.UUCP (Gregg Mackenzie) (06/06/85)

Greg Woods:
>   ...and I really don't mind Texans, as long as they stay down in Dallas and
> keep the hell off of our ski slopes with their orange windbreakers and cowboy
> hats. "Heell no we don't need no snow tires. It snowed two eenches down in
> Dalllas last yar and we deed just fahn..." ...

And, let's not forget:  "LOOK OUT!  AH CAINT STOP!  GIT OUTTA MAH WAY!  AH
CAINT CONTROL THESE DAMN THANGS!  Sheeit, Ah 'bout ran inta thet summ-beeitch!
Damn essho'e! :-) :-)

(Actually, I'm quite fond of Texas women.  They know how to treat their men.)

Gregg Mackenzie
denelcor!gmack

brower@fortune.UUCP (Richard Brower) (06/11/85)

In article <43@denelvx.UUCP> gmack@denelvx.UUCP (Gregg Mackenzie) writes:
>(Actually, I'm quite fond of Texas women.  They know how to treat their men.)

With creosote?