[net.rumor] Kate Bush's new album

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (04/21/85)

Arrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  I'm sooooo bummed out!  Rumor had had it that
Kate Bush's new album was supposed to be released on April 23.  Today I
was at a record store around here that specializes in imports and "New
Music", and I asked someone at the record store if he knew anything
about the state of Kate's new album.  He said that he had heard that
it's release had been "indefinitely" delayed because the record company
(EMI) decided that it isn't commercial enough!  Say it isn't so, Pa!
Say it isn't so!  EMI can't do this!  Those slimy, no good, cretinous,
feces eaters!  I hope they all choke to death on their own vomit after
being forced to listen to nothing but Modonna for ten thousand years!

Does anyone out there on the net have a small tactical thermonuclear
device that I could borrow?  The longitude and latitude of EMI's
international headquarters would also be helpful.

			"Welcome to my nightmare
			 It's the one in which I always press the button"

			Doug Alan
			 mit-eddie!nessus
			 Nessus@MIT-MC.ARPA

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (04/23/85)

[We let the weirdness in.]

I just called up EMI Publicity in New York to ask when the new Kate Bush
album would be released.  The response I received in a somewhat
aggrivated voice was "This must be the day for Kate Bush or something!
June 14."  Click.

Whether or not this is just a response to appease annoyed K.B. fans I do
not know, but from the tone of the person's voice, she had apparently
already received some flack from someone and might just be making things
up to avoid being hassled.

In any case, if you wan't to help prove to EMI that there is indeed a
great deal of interest in music that might be deemed too uncommercial
for the ignorant masses, and don't want to see Kate Bush's new album
postponed yet again, you might want to call up EMI Publicity.  The phone
number is (212) 757-7470.  Then ask to be connected to EMI Publicity.
If you find out anything interesting (like the title of the album) or
get a different story, please do send me a message.

				"With my silver Buddha
				 And my silver bullet
				 (I pull the pin)"

				Doug Alan
				 mit-eddie!nessus
				 Nessus@MIT-MC.Arpa

goldman@umn-cs.UUCP (Matthew D. Goldman ) (04/25/85)

In article <4078@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>Does anyone out there on the net have a small tactical thermonuclear
>device that I could borrow?  The longitude and latitude of EMI's
>international headquarters would also be helpful.
>
>			"Welcome to my nightmare
>			 It's the one in which I always press the button"
>
>			Doug Alan
>			 mit-eddie!nessus
>			 Nessus@MIT-MC.ARPA

Perhaps for sale.  Make an offer.   ;-)

--
-------
				Matthew Goldman

Home is where you take your hat off...			Banzai!

jansic@princeton.UUCP (Hugh R. Jansic) (06/03/85)

[RAMBO the Bug eater!]

	Let me set you straight on a few things about Kate Bush. Kate (or Binky
	as she is also known ) is the most hostile and competitive
	person I have ever met. I should know because she used to sleep with
	my older brother when they were in high school together. Thank God
	they never got serious or else my brother would never have obtained
	his college degree and now be working as a computer programmer (ada,
	pascal, c++, and smalltalk).

	Timmy (my brother) was so in love with Binky that he was not able to
	see how sadistic and cruelly Binky treated the rest of our family. Like
	the time I asked Binky to sign the cast on my broken leg. Instead of
	signing my cast she crazy-glued two old diaphragms to the part of the
	cast just behind my inner thigh. I chafed horribly for the next two
	weeks. Binky didn't feel sorry for me she would just laugh. Other
	times she would give me an Indian sunburn or snap paper-clips at my eyes.

	What made Timmy see the kind of person Binky really was? We were planning
	a birthday party for my mother. Everybody was going to attend, even Binky.
	Binky and my mother didn't get along very well. So Timmy was glad that
	Binky was helping with the party plans. My job was to get the cake.
	I saw a beautiful birthday cake at Murray's Bake Shop and used my own
	money (actually Timmy loaned me some) to buy it for mother. It was
	the best cake I ever saw. It had white icing with blue and red roses on
	the top next to the words "Mother we love you."

	I had placed the cake in a safe place on the kitchen counter minutes
	before mother was to arrive home from the factory. The whole family
	and all our friends hid when we saw mother getting off the bus at the
	corner. When mother stepped inside the front door we all jumped up and
	yelled "suprise." It was so wonderful to see mother so happy. I cried
	with joy. So did Timmy; so did everybody! Mother opened all her gifts
	while I went to get the cake. I was so proud to show mother the birthday
	cake I brought for her. It was lovely just like mother. Mother rose
	from her seat to give me a great big hug and kiss. She said it was the
	best birthday she ever had.

	I gave Mother the knife to cut the first piece of cake when Binky said
	"Wait Mother Jansic you haven't seen my present."

	Binky's present to Mother was the title to our home.  Binky
	used the advance from her first record to pay off the mortgage.
	Binky said she would give the title to the house to Mother only
	on the coniditon that Mother never speak to Binky again.  Tearfully,
	Mother agreed to the deal to preserve the happy mood of the party,
	and to keep the family together.  But Binky wouldn't stop.  She
	just got louder and drunker and more abusive.  The party broke up
	when Binky backed her new car into the family room.  We were all
	crying, especially Timmy, when the roof to the family room
	collasped.  Meanwhile Binky was slumped over the steering wheel,
	heaving in paroxysms of laughter.  In fact she found the whole
	episode so entertaining that she vomitted over her new dashboard.
	It was so gross.  I can never forgive her.  It was events like
	these that lead to Timmy and Binky breaking up.

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/03/85)

> From: tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor)

> Has anyone heard when Kate's new album will be released?  Real Soon
> Now is the best estimate I've heard, though I've also heard that she
> was finished recording some time last summer...  Has there been a
> contract dispute?

Sorry to take so long regarding a Kate Bush fandom question, but I'm away
on vacation.  I just stumbled into an Arpa connection at the U of MD.

I know someone who called up EMI in London.  They told him that it would
be released in August and that this is firm.  Kate Bush's new album was
finished being recorded sometime around December.  I've heard two
different rumors about what's causing the delay.  One says that the
record company thinks that it is too uncommercial and is sitting on it.
The other says that Kate Bush decided it wasn't mixed well enough, and
has spent the last several months remixing it.  Also, she wasn't
satisfied with the cover and is having it redone.  Knowing that Kate
Bush is an unrelenting perfectionist these days, I tend to believe
that the latter rumor is probably correct.

I just got my initiation package to the "Kate Bush Club", which I sent
away for five months ago.  This is a fan club that Kate Bush runs
herself.  It came with a wonderful little newsletter that among other
things, has an article written by Kate describing her new album and the
making of it.  It will have 5 songs on the first side, and the second
side will be a theme side.  John Williams (the guitarist) and Eberhard
Weber will be playing on it.  Paddy Bush (Kate's brother) will be
playing digeridu (Rof Harris gave Paddy one of his).  I'll type in the
article if any one really cares.

Other interesting facts disclosed in this newsletter: Salvador Dali (who
has for a long time has been my favorite painter) is Kate Bush's
favorite artist, she has never heard a CD, and her favorite band of 1984
is Killing Joke, especially the song "80's".  Isn't this a hardcore
band?  Anyone know anything more about them?

Here's an interesting excerpt from the "Interview" section:

	AS MANY OF THE PRESS AND ALBUM REVIEWERS CONSIDERED "THE
	DREAMING" TO BE "WEIRD" AND "OVER PRODUCED" ETC. DO YOU MIND IF
	THE PRESS LABEL THE NEW ALBUM "EVEN WEIRDER"?

	I don't mind "even weirder" but I don't like "over produced".

Well, I'll tell you if I find out anything new.

				"But my instincts tell me to
				 Keep Breathing"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP
				  Nessus@MIT-EDDIE.ARPA

jeff@dciem.UUCP (Jeff Richardson) (06/07/85)

>	Let me set you straight on a few things about Kate Bush. Kate (or Binky
>	as she is also known ) is the most hostile and competitive
>	person I have ever met.  [HUGH R. JANSIC]

While I found Hugh Jansic's story about how Kate Bush brought terror to his
family very disturbing, I have a couple of comments:

First of all, I can't really call it "setting me straight" because I had no
preconceived notions of what kind of person she was, nor did I really care
(though I would if she were sleeping with my brother) because I don't think it
will affect my enjoyment of her music.  I've never known a world famous
professional artist of any kind, but for some reason I've always believed
that many of them would have personalities far from what we would consider to be
normal, and that many would be unable to have normal relationships with
other people.  It just seems to be something that goes with that degree of
creative ability, so I can't say I'm too surprised to hear that Kate Bush
can't or won't be civil with people who are close to her.

I'm tempted to say, "I'm not going to buy any more of her records because
I don't want to contribute to the horrible things she does to people,"
but I'm more tempted to say, "her personal life is not my concern.  I'm
only concerned with her music."  I prefer to judge music by itself, rather
than along with the artist's personality, so I'd rather not hear about
personality flaws that may prejudice my opinion of that artist's music.
She brought sorrow to the Jansic family though her personal association,
but that's no reason to prevent her from bringing pleasure to mine through
her music.

So let's talk about music, not about the musicians' personalities!
--
Jeff Richardson, DCIEM, Toronto  (416) 635-2073
{linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,floyd}!utcsri!dciem!jeff

rrw@ccice2.UUCP (Rick Wessman) (06/08/85)

In article <1076@princeton.UUCP> jansic@princeton.UUCP (Hugh R. Jansic) writes:
>[RAMBO the Bug eater!]
>
>	Let me set you straight on a few things about Kate Bush. Kate (or Binky

Was this article really necessary? It seems to me that this article
was just a good excuse to vent off steam. On top of that, I find some of
the story very hard to believe.

			Rick

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/13/85)

>  From: jansic@princeton.UUCP (Hugh R. Jansic)

>  Let me set you straight on a few things about Kate Bush. Kate (or Binky
>  as she is also known ) is the most hostile and competitive
>  person I have ever met. I should know because she used to sleep with
>  my older brother when they were in high school together....

> From: jeff@dciem.UUCP (Jeff Richardson)

>  While I found Hugh Jansic's story about how Kate Bush brought terror to his
>  family very disturbing, I have a couple of comments:
>
>  First of all, I can't really call it "setting me straight" because I
>  had no preconceived notions of what kind of person she was, nor did I
>  really care (though I would if she were sleeping with my brother)
>  because I don't think it will affect my enjoyment of her music.

Jeff, you didn't really believe Hugh Jansic's ridiculous fabrication
about Kate Bush, did you?  Maybe you didn't, but are just being too
subtle for me.  In any case, I would like to point out that Hugh
Jansic's story is only a creation of his own disturbed mind, and then
point out a few things about Hugh that may lead you to eventually
forgive him.  The fact that Kate Bush has lived in England all her life
and there is no such thing as "high school" in England (it is called
"grammar school"), and that Kate Bush's nickname is Katie (as in K.T.
Bush Band), not Binky should have given away that there is something
wrong with this story.  Also, the fact that Kate Bush is sometimes
criticized as being "too nice" might lead us to believe that Binky is
not quite Kate Bush's character.

Why did Hugh feel it necessary to post such slander?  Well, you see,
Hugh has some psychological problems caused by severe traumas that have
occurred in his life.  I usually wouldn't feel it appropriate to discuss
someone's personal problems in a public forum, but perhaps if you
understand Hugh's problems, you might forgive him.

Hugh was born as one of a pair of Siamese twins.  At the time, it was
deemed too dangerous to try and separate them, so Hugh was attached to
his brother Billy for many years.  Unfortunately, when they were
entering puberty, Billy developed an identity crisis and thought he was
female.  He renamed himself "Kate".  Hugh's family put up with this,
until one day, their mother stumbled in upon Hugh and Billy while they
were engaged in an incestuous activity.  Mrs. Jansic was very upset and
decided to have them separated, no matter what the risk.  Unfortunately
Billy died shortly after the operation that separated Hugh and Billy.
Hugh was devistated by this and he was never able to forgive his loving
"sister" "Kate" for leaving him.  He has now psychotically transfered
his feelings of rejection and his own feelings of guilt onto all people
with the name "Kate", especially famous people.  He will stop at nothing
to defame Kate Bush, Kate McGarrigle, Kate Jackson, Catherine Hepburn,
the author of the "Cathy" comic strip, etc.  He even hates cats, because
"cat" sounds like "Kate" and is terrified of kites.

Knowing the story of Hugh Jansic's life, one cannot help but feel sorry
for him, and one should not respond to his actions to harshly.  The club
called "fun-people", which is an organization at Princeton for computer
hackers who were born without genitals, even let him into their club,
even though Hugh has genitals, becasue they felt sorry for him.  Your
condolances for any of these people may be sent to
princeton!down!fun-people.

				-Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP
				  nessus@mit-eddie.ARPA

"Well, whenever I see I see the news it's the same old depressing
things.  Wars, hostages, and people's arms hanging off with all the
tendons hanging out, y'know.  So I tend not to watch it much.  I prefer
to go and see a movie or something where it's put much more poetically.
People getting their heads blown off in slow motion, very beautifully."
    -- Kate Bush

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/17/85)

First of all I did not post the vicious attack on Hugh Jansic.
Although I have many strong feelings on the subject of Kate Bush,
I would not attack a colleague.  I suspect someone knowledgable
in the use of computer networks such as Mark Horton or Rob Pike or
Sunny Kirsten (bitch) did this to tarnish my otherwise illuminating
insights in net.music.  I suspect one of them has a very advanced AI
expert system for generating articles apparently written by me.

The realization that the algorithm for my thinking process has propogated
over the net gives me a new feeling of imortality!  I hope they wrote
down the method they use to emulate me.  Cause then, even long after I'm
dead, I will exist on that piece of paper.  Perhaps my algorithm will
even infect people's minds and they will become me.  The whole world
might eventually become filled up with me's.  It will be great!  Why do
I even go on bothering to keep life within this useless piece of flesh I
now inhabit?  I've transcended all that!  I'm disposing of this useless
body tomorrow, but before I do, I'll send them all my Kate Bush albums,
fanzines, photographs, videotapes, blow-up loves dolls, and used panties
to put with the Doug Alan algorithm so that it will always be happy too.

I must confess I had mixed feelings upon reading about Kate Bush's
personal life.  On the one hand I love Kate Bush more than any other
human in the whole world.  On the other hand, the silly Yuppie
preciousness of her stage persona sends me into a real mean mood.
Feelings of humiliation, degradation, and *ation overwhelm me and my
special friends!  Since Mr. Jansic's posting I have been doing some
thinking while examining my Indian arrowhead collection and I have
decided to destroy all my Kate Bush Memorabilia.  It's not as if this
will be completely painless either.  I have already had strong
irrational desires to harm myself just to remind me what Kate Bush
really means as I burn the many locks of her hair I have saved.  Also
there is my set of original art works done in black watercolors (black
is Kate's favorite color) that represent my most personal feelings
about Kate Bush that I will donate to anyone out there who dares to ask
for them!!!  I consider this conversation about Kate Bush to be
closed.  Bitch.  Even if her last record The Dreaming was overproduced
she is still very compelling and elusive.  I will have to get a cheaper
stereo system or a low-fi CD player.  Sometimes I decide I will never
listen to Kate Bush again and other times I can't imagine not listening
to Kate Bush every day.  It's like self-contradictory :-).  Maybe there
is a meta-language to describe these kinds of situations.  This reminds
me of a Koan.

	If the buffalo runs, he will fall into the trench;
	If he returns, he will be butchered.
	That little tail
	Is a very strange thing.

I have heard Kate's next album *will* be on CD and is entitled
"Ain't No Such Thing as an Ugly White Woman".  Can anyone
confirm this or provide new information?

	"I see myself suddenly on the piano,
	 As a melody
	 My terrible fear of dying, no longer
	 Plays with me. :-)