[net.rumor] Attending class

keith@seismo.UUCP (Keith Bostic) (06/20/85)

In article <43@avsdS.UUCP>, cdk@avsdS.UUCP (Chris Kendall) writes:
>>  Especially the ones that give you a 'C' for not attending lectures.
>>
>> 			Arash Farmanfarmaian'85

> I too am an engineering instructor... (evening classes), and have been
> for over 6 years.  It has been my experience that anyone who can pass
> a class without coming is either:
>    			1. wasting everyone elses time by even
>                            enrolling since they've had the class before
>   					--or--
> 			2. Cheating they're asses off.
>          Take it up the street!
> 				C. Kendall

For almost two years I went to school full time, worked full time and
bartended on the side, just to get a piece of paper.  10% of the time
I knew more than the instructor about the subject, 80% of the time I
could have taken the final on the first day of the class and gotten
an 'A'.  I agree I was wasting everyone elses time, but it was the
instructor's own fault.  Since then I've taught on both the graduate
and undergraduate levels -- if you want to come in, talk with me for
20 minutes and take a final -- you can.  It works out pretty nicely.

	Keith Bostic