[net.rumor] Kate Bush's new album delayed again?!?!?!?

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/20/85)

I just received a letter from someone who is even more of a Kate Bush
fanatic than me.  In the letter he passes on an interesting and
upsetting rumor.  His rumors have proven to be very reliable in the
past.  Here it is:

	Kate has a single ready for release, but EMI demanded(?) she
	change the title from "A Deal With God", so that is in Limbo.
	Sounds like it could be till August or Sept. for 45 and then LP.

The Sex Pistols were totally right about EMI!

				"Not until I'm ready for you
				 Not until I'm ready for you
				 Can I have it all
				 (I want it all!)"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

hoek@ucbcad.UUCP (Robin Hoek) (06/21/85)

> I just received a letter from someone who is even more of a Kate Bush
> fanatic than me.  In the letter he passes on an interesting and
> upsetting rumor.  His rumors have proven to be very reliable in the
> past.  Here it is:
>
> 	Kate has a single ready for release, but EMI demanded(?) she
> 	change the title from "A Deal With God", so that is in Limbo.
> 	Sounds like it could be till August or Sept. for 45 and then LP.
>
> The Sex Pistols were totally right about EMI!
>
> 				"Not until I'm ready for you
> 				 Not until I'm ready for you
> 				 Can I have it all
> 				 (I want it all!)"
>
> 				 Doug Alan
> 				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

Actually, speaking of rumors, I heard from a friend (Joel Watkins of
Pleasanton) that the single was delayed because Kate was dissatisfied
with the artwork!! (Which made me want to write and urge her to release
it in a brown paper bag! Actually, I'm just kidding. By the way, anyone
out there holding out any hopes for a gatefold sleeve for K.B.V?
"LIONHEART" and "NEVER FOR EVER" both had them (except the Japanese pressing
of LIONHEART which was a single fold sleeve) (Oh - and lest we forget
EMI-AMERICA's cramming of the N.F.E. artwork onto a flimsy thin paper
BLACK AND F#$%'n WHITE dust sleeve - Typical) ANYWAY, I seriously doubt
it, since the days of opulent record jackets seem to be over.
(except for Joni Mitchell [Kate's Mother?] who managed to get every single
one of her records out on gatefold sleeves - but where are all the CD's
besides yuppie "Court and Spark?" I saw a CD of "Wild Things Run Fast"
[even more yuppie], but I didn't buy it, and have been kicking myself
ever since, 'cos It's NOWHERE. Oh well)

Talk about off the subject...
Anyway, Doug Alan's rumor is probably more correct than mine, although
Kate has a lot of leverage with EMI and one would think that she would
get her way. What's wrong with the title SHE  picked, anyway?
Are they afraid it's going to be attacked by J. Falwell or something?

Let's here more about people's opinions about Kate's Videos, OK?

I got a letter from a friend in Virginia who told me that he had a friend
who had THE DREAMING on CD, but when I sent him a frenzied letter back
demanding a copy, he confessed that he made a boo-boo. Speaking of CD's,
THE KICK INSIDE sounds really good, and so does MOST of LIONHEART, but
"In The Warm Room" sounds as though she used the same tape deck as
Bruce Springsteen did on "Nebraska!!"  Hissssssssssssssssssssss.....

Finally, would the person who wrote that hilarious article on Kate
and Gender confusion and siamese twins, etc, PLEASE mail it to me
or re-post it, since it was deleted before I knew how to save files.
(I'm new to all this, by the way)...
BUT...don't send to the above address...instead, mail any messages
to "burke@ucbdean"  I have to leech of my bosses account and to make
the issue even more confused, I'm now using my OLD bosses account.
So I'm really NOT "Robin Hoek." I'm Hugh Maher, a 3rd year student
at U.C. Berkeley, working on another account in the Dean's office
of Engineering.

Suspended in Boredom,
Hugh

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/22/85)

["What's all this then?"]

> So I'm really NOT "Robin Hoek." I'm Hugh Maher, a 3rd year student
> at U.C. Berkeley, working on another account in the Dean's office
> of Engineering.

I know you!!!!!!  You've written articles for Break-Through! ("The Hugh
Maher Report") I can't believe it!!!!  It's a small world!  (At least in
Kate Bush fandom.)  Another Kate Bush Fanatic on the net! (I've actually
met at least 15 Kate Bush fans on the net, and 3 or 4 fanatics, but no
one as Fanatic as you or me.)  Two Kate Bush fanatics on one net is
probably critical mass.  We'll probably drive everyone else crazy!  (If
I haven't done that already...)

> Actually, speaking of rumors, I heard from a friend (Joel Watkins of
> Pleasanton) that the single was delayed because Kate was dissatisfied
> with the artwork!! (Which made me want to write and urge her to
> release it in a brown paper bag! ...)

The person I got the rumor from is Joel Watkins!  (My goodness, it's a
small world, but I've already said that.)  He lives in Livermore, CA
these days, though.  A month ago he told me that Kate's new ALBUM was
delayed because Kate wanted to remix some parts and because she was
dissatisfied with the cover artwork.  It appears that EMI is now doing
its best to delay it even more (by delaying the single).  I don't think
that Kate would give in to a title change -- she thinks that titles are
very important, but we shall see.  [Besides rumors, I've also gotten
from Joel 5 hours of Kate Bush video, 7 hours of rare audio, and some
Peter Gabriel and Laurie Anderson video.  He has a bunch of stuff on PAL
that he can't convert to NTSC.  Do you know of a source for NTSC copies
of this stuff?]

> By the way, anyone out there holding out any hopes for a gatefold
> sleeve for K.B.V?  "LIONHEART" and "NEVER FOR EVER" both had them
> (except the Japanese pressing of LIONHEART which was a single fold
> sleeve)

It would certainly be very nice!  But that's certainly not one of my
greatest concerns.

> (Oh - and lest we forget EMI-AMERICA's cramming of the N.F.E.
> artwork onto a flimsy thin paper BLACK AND F#$%'n WHITE dust sleeve -
> Typical)

That was incredibly criminal of them, I agree!  They just butchered this
amazing artwork!  But it's nothing compared what they did to "The Kick
Inside"!  The British cover (The one Kate designed) is a masterpiece!
The U.S. cover (blech) is just too cute for words.  Why would they want
to make Kate Bush look like your down home country girl???  EMI-America
bites.

> ANYWAY, I seriously doubt it, since the days of opulent
> record jackets seem to be over.  (except for Joni Mitchell [Kate's
> Mother?] who managed to get every single one of her records out on
> gatefold sleeves ...)

Actually, I'm not too impressed with Joni Mitchel.  What I've heard of
her sounds pretty uninspired.  Competant and well-crafted, but
uninspired nonetheless.  But that's just one person's opinion.

> Let's here more about people's opinions about Kate's Videos, OK?

They're all masterpieces!  Except for "Them Heavy People" which is just
way too corny!  Also, the performances she does on shows and stuff are
often better than her promotional videos.  "There Goes a Tenner" on Top
of The Pops was much better than the video.  "The Dreaming" video was
really neat, but I like the performances of this she does on shows (like
the one with the giant iguanas) better because you get to see all of her
wonderful dance routine.  "Wuthering Heights" was better in the "Die
Efteling Special".  In fact that whole show was wonderful.  "Babooshka"
was more interesting and innovative on the Dr. Hook special.  "Egypt",
"Ran Tan Waltz", and "Another Day" (a duet with Peter Gabriel of a Roy
Harper song) from her Xmas special were all amazingly good!  I doubt if
there is anyone else on the net, other than you and me, who have seen
any of these, though.

			"We raise our hats to the strange phenomena
			 Soul birds of a feather flock together"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

How about renaming net.rumor "net.grapevine" in honor of its
following the path of the famous telephone system grapevines,
namely, getting too cluttered to be useful any more.

Don't bother responding; I'm unsubscribing.  All you Kate Bush
fans can have this list for your playpen.  Have fun!

darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) (06/25/85)

Who is the h*ll is ``Kate Bush''?

--
Darrell Long
University of California, San Diego

USENET: sdcsvax!darrell
ARPA:   darrell@sdcsvax

rrw@ccice2.UUCP (Rick Wessman) (06/28/85)

In article <944@sdcsvax.UUCP> darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) writes:

>Who is the h*ll is ``Kate Bush''?

Please respond by MAIL. I am tired of hearing about Kate Bush!

				Rick

campbell@utah-cs.UUCP (William Campbell) (06/29/85)

>Who is the h*ll is ``Kate Bush''?
>--