[net.rumor] Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?

cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger) (07/01/85)

Cheers.

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (07/09/85)

> From: cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger)

> Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?

Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.

dcmartin@sun.uucp (David C. Martin) (07/11/85)

In article <4634@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>> From: cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger)
>
>> Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?
>
>Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
>and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.

Ha!  I laugh in your smelly fish face!  Your mother was a hamster and
your father smelled of elderberries!  UC Berkeley is the best of
all possible worlds, much better than any school in the god-awful EAST!
[Snow, ice, ooh!  I thank the lord that I am now in a civilized state].

The only possible better place to live is Santa Barbara... but I wanted
an education too!

David C. Martin - Sun Microsystems / UC Berkeley
uucp: ..!ucbvax!sun!dcmartin                   usps: 2280 California St #8
arpa: dcmartin@Berkeley                              Mountain View, CA 94040
at&t: 415/960-7458 (O) - 415/967-0506 (H)
--

jeand@ihlpg.UUCP (AMBAR) (07/11/85)

From article <2406@sun.uucp> (David C. Martin)
>In article <4634@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>>> From: cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger)
>>
>>> Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?
>>
>>Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
>>and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.
>
> Ha!  I laugh in your smelly fish face!  Your mother was a hamster and
> your father smelled of elderberries!  UC Berkeley is the best of
> all possible worlds, much better than any school in the god-awful EAST!
> [Snow, ice, ooh!  I thank the lord that I am now in a civilized state].

Take yer palm trees and oceans and shove 'em.  I lived in sun belt for 4
years (skin cancer, here I come.)  Where am I going to school?  MIT!

> The only possible better place to live is Santa Barbara... but I wanted
> an education too!

Pity you're not getting a better one......

--

					AMBAR
                    	{the known universe}!ihnp4!ihlpg!jeand

"To those who love it is given to hear
 Music too high for the human ear." 	--Bruce Cockburn

jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) (07/12/85)

In article <4634@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>> From: cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger)
>
>> Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?
>
>Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
>and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.

Actually, she was working for Coke, who had reason to believe that the UCB CS
Department was a hotbed of anti-new-coke activity.
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (07/13/85)

In article <849@mako.UUCP> jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) writes:
>In article <4634@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>>> From: cgeiger@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (charles s. geiger)
>>
>>> Did Kate Bush blow up the UCB CS Dept.?
>>
>>Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
>>and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.
>>
>Actually, she was working for Coke, who had reason to believe that the UCB CS
>Department was a hotbed of anti-new-coke activity.

No No No No No!

She was working for Charmin.  They found out that the women at UCB weren't
using enough Toilet Paper.

Chris Andersen

--
"Roads?  Where we're going we don't need any roads!"

darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) (07/16/85)

In article <813@ihlpg.UUCP> jeand@ihlpg.UUCP (AMBAR) writes:
>From article <2406@sun.uucp> (David C. Martin)

>>>Of course!  She understands completely that MIT is much better than UCB,
>>>and wants to help make the world a more perfect place.
>>
>> Ha!  I laugh in your smelly fish face!  Your mother was a hamster and
>> your father smelled of elderberries!  UC Berkeley is the best of
>> all possible worlds, much better than any school in the god-awful EAST!
>> [Snow, ice, ooh!  I thank the lord that I am now in a civilized state].
>
>Take yer palm trees and oceans and shove 'em.  I lived in sun belt for 4
>years (skin cancer, here I come.)  Where am I going to school?  MIT!
>
>> The only possible better place to live is Santa Barbara... but I wanted
>> an education too!
>
>Pity you're not getting a better one......

You swine!  It's here at UCSD where we have the best of all possible
worlds... Faculty, students, and even a nude beach down the hill!

Pangloss
--
Darrell Long
University of California, San Diego