[net.rumor] Garcia rumor denied by BGP

west@sdcsla.UUCP (Larry West) (10/01/85)

> From: jordan@ucbvax.ARPA (Jordan Hayes)
> Someone who claims to have an "in" to the upper eschelons of the
> dead power structure claims that JG bought the farm and the family
> isn't telling about it until wednesday (it's monday night) due
> to hysteria that may result.

I called up Bill Graham Productions in San Fransisco at 1:20pm
Pacific Time this afternoon and asked.   They called the Dead
office and then told me (with a trace of relief) that Jerry is
not dead.

Now, of course, the rumor was constructed such that a denial
would be expected, but I guess we'll find out on Wednesday
or Thursday.

What a way to ruin a day...
--

Larry West				(USA+619-)452-6771
Institute for Cognitive Science		non-business hours: 452-2256

ARPA:	<west@nprdc.ARPA>	or	<west@ucsd.ARPA>
UUCP:	{ucbvax,sdcrdcf,decvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!sdcsla!west
  or	{sun,mplvax,gti,ihnss,whuxlb,ulysses}!sdcsla!west