[net.rumor] $99 VCR's Mid Summer '86

dennis@rlgvax.UUCP (Dennis Bednar) (11/16/85)

If you want a VCR in the $99 price range, wait till next year.
The market is supposed to be flooded with them by next year.
I read this in some magazine, but I can't remember where.

I asked an analog (branch of EE, opposite of digital)
friend of mine whether he
thought there was any truth to this hype, and he said
that he found it hard to believe.  His credentials
are that he builds expensive hi-fi amplifiers, and he
buys a lot of electronic parts every year.
--
Dennis Bednar	Computer Consoles Inc.	Reston VA	703-648-3300
{decvax,ihnp4,harpo,allegra}!seismo!rlgvax!dennis

reza@ihuxn.UUCP (Reza Taheri) (11/19/85)

> If you want a VCR in the $99 price range, wait till next year.
> The market is supposed to be flooded with them by next year.
> I read this in some magazine, but I can't remember where.
>
> I asked an analog (branch of EE, opposite of digital)
> friend of mine whether he
> thought there was any truth to this hype, and he said
> that he found it hard to believe.  His credentials
> are that he builds expensive hi-fi amplifiers, and he
> buys a lot of electronic parts every year.
> --
> Dennis Bednar	Computer Consoles Inc.	Reston VA	703-648-3300
> {decvax,ihnp4,harpo,allegra}!seismo!rlgvax!dennis

   I tend to believe this as the market is supposed to be saturated
by a number of South Korean companies very soon.  The units will be
very cheap, about half today's price of comparable Japanese-made
stuff.  BUT, what I hear is that they are junk!

   I've picked up this information from talking to different people
in the know and also articles in different publications, so don't
try to pin me down to the exact source.

H. Reza Taheri
...!ihnp4!ihuxn!reza
(312)-979-7473

dennis@rlgvax.UUCP (Dennis Bednar) (11/21/85)

Heres a reply I received to the original article posted in net.rumor:

--
dennis@rlgvax.UUCP