[net.rumor] Status Of Billy Idol

daly@nybcb.UUCP (daly) (01/02/86)

A friend of mine told me that Billy Idol commited suicide a few weeks
ago after finding out he had AIDS. I have heard nothing to this effect
on the radio or TV. It sounds far fetched to me, but I thought I'd
check you people in net.rumor.

clyde@ut-dillo.UUCP (Head UNIX slave) (01/03/86)

> A friend of mine told me that Billy Idol commited suicide a few weeks
> ago after finding out he had AIDS. I have heard nothing to this effect
> on the radio or TV. It sounds far fetched to me, but I thought I'd
> check you people in net.rumor.

It's probably not true, but we can always dream ... :-)

--
Shouter-To-Dead-Parrots @ Univ. of Texas Computation Center; Austin, Texas

"All life is a blur of Republicans and meat." -Zippy the Pinhead

	clyde@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU, clyde@sally.UTEXAS.EDU
	...!ihnp4!ut-ngp!clyde, ...!allegra!ut-ngp!clyde

jbuck@epicen.UUCP (Joe Buck) (01/04/86)

In article <206@nybcb.UUCP> daly@nybcb.UUCP (daly) writes:
>A friend of mine told me that Billy Idol commited suicide a few weeks
>ago after finding out he had AIDS. I have heard nothing to this effect
>on the radio or TV. It sounds far fetched to me, but I thought I'd
>check you people in net.rumor.

I've also heard rumors that Billy Idol has AIDS. But use your head! If he had
committed suicide a few weeks ago, it would be in every newspaper in the
country; MTV would have done a special on his career, etc. So he's obviously
not dead (no applause, please).

If he has AIDS, he hasn't acknowledged it in public yet, or that would be in
your local paper too.  It's possible he does and is keeping it quiet. It's
certainly getting common.

New net.rumor item: X has AIDS (fill in X and send your posting today!). It's
certainly getting common, and it's certainly scary.
--
Joe Buck				|  Entropic Processing, Inc.
UUCP: {ucbvax,ihnp4}!dual!epicen!jbuck  |  10011 N. Foothill Blvd.