[net.rumor] Commode-door down the tubes?

bc10@rexago1.UUCP (Andrew C. Eisenberg) (01/23/86)

I have heard a rumor that Commodore Business Machines may soon be filing for
bankruptcy.  Is there any truth to this or is it just wishful thinking?

		________________ ________________
	    /___|	       | |		|
	   / []||   ROADWAY    | |    ROADWAY	|
	  |____||______________|-|______________|
	   O-----O	      O	  O	       O

Andrew C. Eisenberg --  rexago1!bc10@Case.CSNET - for you internet folks
			...!decvax!cwruecmp!rexago1!bc10 - for UUCP
"Life?! Don't talk to me about life!!!!!"

cs195@sdcsvax.UUCP (EECS 195) (01/26/86)

In article <177@rexago1.UUCP>, bc10@rexago1.UUCP (Andrew C. Eisenberg) writes:
> I have heard a rumor that Commodore Business Machines may soon be filing for
> bankruptcy.  Is there any truth to this or is it just wishful thinking?

There has been talk in the "Journal" about Chapter 11.  This is not all
bad for CBM.  Many a company has come out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy
in good shape.

I never was a big supporter of Commodore, but I believe they are turning
into a "real" computer company (128, Amiga, etc).  I am certain that CBM
will be around in one form or another for MANY years.  And if their current
philosphy continues, they should be a dominate force in several markets.  I
suspect we will be seeing CBM products quite superior to IBM, Apple, etc.
in the home/small business market of the future.

					- Roger

lazarus@sunybcs.UUCP (Daniel G. Winkowski) (02/03/86)

>In article <177@rexago1.UUCP>, bc10@rexago1.UUCP (Andrew C. Eisenberg) writes:
> I have heard a rumor that Commodore Business Machines may soon be filing for
> bankruptcy.  Is there any truth to this or is it just wishful thinking?

today's newspaper anounced that Commodore has reached an agreement
to renegotiate its current loans. its current loans have been extended.