[net.rumor] bats

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) (02/11/86)

The reference to bats reminds me of the interesting problem of
evening flyfishing in areas with a high concentration of bats...

						Bart Massey
						..tektronix!reed!bart

kendalla@orca.UUCP (Kendall Auel) (02/12/86)

In article <2484@reed.UUCP> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) writes:
>The reference to bats reminds me of the interesting problem of
>evening flyfishing in areas with a high concentration of bats...
>
>						Bart Massey
>						..tektronix!reed!bart

While deep-sea fishing off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, several sea
gulls were caught. It seems they would swoop down to steal the bait
off the hook when it was being cast.

						Kendall Auel
						..tektronix!orca!kendalla

dipirro@amber.DEC (I'm not overweight...I'm undertall.) (02/13/86)

>While deep-sea fishing off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, several sea
>gulls were caught. It seems they would swoop down to steal the bait
>off the hook when it was being cast.

I hope that you were using alka seltzer for bait! Sounds like an easy way
to get them to eat it...Nice job!

Steve DiPirro
Digital Equipment Corp.

wine@homxb.UUCP (J.GORDON) (02/14/86)

>While deep-sea fishing off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, several sea
>gulls were caught.  [...]
>
>						Kendall Auel
>						..tektronix!orca!kendalla

This is very interesting, but please -- What species of seagull is it
that deep sea fishes?  This could be an important zoological
discovery.

		Jim Gordon, Jr (AT&T Bell Laboratories,
				West Long Branch, NJ [ihnp4!homxb])

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (02/20/86)

In article <1992@orca.UUCP> kendalla@orca.UUCP (Kendall Auel) writes:

>While deep-sea fishing off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, several sea
>gulls were caught. It seems they would swoop down to steal the bait
>off the hook when it was being cast.
>
>						Kendall Auel
>						..tektronix!orca!kendalla

Big deal.  I was fishing off the pier in Santa Cruz once and hooked a
live mallard duck.  Fewker broke my line, too...
						Carl Greenberg