[net.rumor] nasty rumor

marcus@reed.UUCP (Marc Burns) (02/05/86)

Well its been days since I heard this, and I have been wondering
why nobody else has posted this little gem.  Have you heard that:

ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings and CBS Anchor Dan Rather are actually
married and have been so for over a year?  It seems they went to South
America for the unsanctioned ceremony just a little over a year ago.

I take no responsibility!!  This is merely a rumor!

				Marc
			...!tektronix!reed!marcus

(With appropriate apologies to those who stay up Late Nights watching
television...)

entropy@fluke.UUCP (Terrence J. Mason) (02/06/86)

In article <2449@reed.UUCP> marcus@reed.UUCP (Marc Burns) writes:

>Well its been days since I heard this, and I have been wondering
>why nobody else has posted this little gem.  Have you heard that:
>
>ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings and CBS Anchor Dan Rather are actually

Yeah, I heard that.  I also heard that if you remove the tin foil cover from
Jiffy Pop popcorn before it is popped, it releases a gas that causes amnesia.
I don't remember where I heard this rumor though...

terrymason
{uw-beaver,decvax!microsof,ucbvax!lbl-csam,allegra,ssc-vax}!fluke!entropy

ix742@sdcc6.UUCP (James Hayes) (02/09/86)

Terrence J. Mason writes in article <1108@vax2.fluke.UUCP>:

>> Well its been days since I heard this, and I have been wondering
>> why nobody else has posted this little gem.  Have you heard that:
>>
>> ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings and CBS Anchor Dan Rather are actually
>
> Yeah, I heard that.  I also heard that if you remove the tin foil cover from
> Jiffy Pop popcorn before it is popped, it releases a gas that causes amnesia.
> I don't remember where I heard this rumor though...
>
> terrymason
> {uw-beaver,decvax!microsof,ucbvax!lbl-csam,allegra,ssc-vax}!fluke!entropy

I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
this though...

(Whine <ON>)
"They pelted us with rocks and garbage!"
(Whine <OFF>)

--
Knocking over chairs at the Mayfair House in Miami...
						^^ Insert Jet F/X.

todd@bucsd.UUCP (Todd Cooper) (02/11/86)

In article <2408@sdcc6.UUCP> ix742@sdcc6.UUCP (James Hayes) writes:
>Terrence J. Mason writes in article <1108@vax2.fluke.UUCP>:
>>>
>>> Well its been days since I heard this, and I have been wondering
>>> why nobody else has posted this little gem.  Have you heard that:
>>>
>>> ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings and CBS Anchor Dan Rather are actually
>>
>> Yeah, I heard that.  I also heard that if you remove the tin foil cover from
>> Jiffy Pop popcorn before it is popped, it releases a gas that causes amnesia.
>> I don't remember where I heard this rumor though...
>I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
>the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
>this though...

I heard something about Don Prudone racing cars... -- starnge I don't
remember WHERE I heard it...
--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd ...!harvard!think!festiv!todd
CSNET:	todd@bu-cs
BITNET:	cscpyqc@bostonu
USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135

bsb@ihuxf.UUCP (Barrett) (02/11/86)

> I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
> the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
> this though...

Probably on the David Letterman anniversary show last week. They had the
logo on the chartered 747 as well as on Dave's flight jacket.

jeq@laidbak.UUCP (Jonathan E. Quist) (02/11/86)

In article <2799@ihuxf.UUCP> bsb@ihuxf.UUCP (Barrett) writes:
>> I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
>> the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
>> this though...
>
>Probably on the David Letterman anniversary show last week. They had the
>logo on the chartered 747 as well as on Dave's flight jacket.

I do and do and do for this net, and these are the thanks I'm getting.

sahayman@watmath.UUCP (Steve Hayman) (02/12/86)

You know what's even more amazing?  Singer James Brown, the hardest working
man in show business, is also one of the smartest men in America,
and was one of the developers of sonar!

I can't remember where I heard this, but I was eating some raw
Jiffy Pop at the time...I think...

Steve Hayman

mmar@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Mitchell Marks) (02/12/86)

In article <1108@vax2.fluke.UUCP> entropy@fluke.UUCP (Terrence J. Mason) writes:

>Yeah, I heard that.  I also heard that if you remove the tin foil cover from
>Jiffy Pop popcorn before it is popped, it releases a gas that causes amnesia.
>I don't remember where I heard this rumor though...
>
>terrymason

Sounds like just the sort of thing I'd be likely to do ... but actually
I can't seem to remember actually trying it.
--

            -- Mitch Marks @ UChicago
               ...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!mmar

paul@ccunix.UUCP (Paul Killey) (02/12/86)

>I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
>the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
>this though...

That was on the plane that was used when David Letterman flew to
Florida for his anniversary show.

I'll keep my eye peeled, looking for others -:)

wbell@utcs.uucp (02/12/86)

In article <2408@sdcc6.UUCP> ix742@sdcc6.UUCP (James Hayes) writes:

>I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
>the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
>this though...
>--
>Jim Hayes
>ARPA:  ix742%sdcc6@SDCSVAX.ARPA

It was "claimed" by David Letterman, 2 weeks ago on his special saturday night
show (the one where the whole crew of the show, plus stupid-pet-tricks guests
flew down to Florida, doing the show on the plane. )
--
----
University of Toronto Computing Services	       Warren Bell

"Be Seeing You..."

jlt@styx.UUCP (John L. Thomas) (02/13/86)

In article <1184@watmath.UUCP> sahayman@watmath.UUCP (Steve Hayman) writes:

>I can't remember where I heard this, but I was eating some raw
>Jiffy Pop at the time...I think...
>
>Steve Hayman

I seem to remember something about Jiffy Pop, .... well, maybe I don't.

John

--

ARPA		jlt@styx
UUCP		...!seismo!lognet2!styx!jlt	...!idi!styx!jlt

smithson@calma.UUCP (Brian Smithson) (02/13/86)

Uhh, I forgot.  Hmmm.  Now I can't seem to recall whether I ever knew it
or not.  Oh well...

tomlin@dspo.UUCP (Bob Tomlinson) (02/21/86)

> I've heard worse.  Connie Chung (in a sexy one-piece) is reportedly
> the new TWA logo on the outside of the planes. I forgot where I saw
> this though...

Try from the last David Letterman special.
--
Bob Tomlinson - dspo!tomlin@LANL  or  {ucbvax!unmvax,ihnp4!lanl}!dspo!tomlin
Los Alamos National Laboratory - E-10/Data Systems