[net.rumor] The Late Comic Strip "Rudy"

jackson@ttidcb.UUCP (Dick Jackson) (02/27/86)

*
I used to enjoy the comic strip "Rudy" in the Los Angeles Times. A few
weeks ago it made a dignified exit. Does anyone know why?

Since this is net.rumor I will start one to the effect that the strip was
shut down by the Humane Society on the grounds that it contained oblique
implications of bestiality.

Dick Jackson

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (03/03/86)

In article <692@ttidcb.UUCP> jackson@ttidcb.UUCP (Dick Jackson) writes:
>*
>*
>*
>I used to enjoy the comic strip "Rudy" in the Los Angeles Times. A few
>weeks ago it made a dignified exit. Does anyone know why?
>
>Since this is net.rumor I will start one to the effect that the strip was
>shut down by the Humane Society on the grounds that it contained oblique
>implications of bestiality.
>
>Dick Jackson

Hate to ruin your fun, but it was pulled due to sheer lack of client papers.
Alas.
--
*** Speak for the company?  Naaaah, it's hard enough speaking for ME! ***

 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger, ucbvax!sdcsvax!celerity!celtics!roger
ARPA: bu-cs!celtics!roger@harvard.ARPA, celerity!celtics!roger@sdcsvax.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (03/04/86)

>I used to enjoy the comic strip "Rudy" in the Los Angeles Times. A few
>weeks ago it made a dignified exit. Does anyone know why?

According to THE COMIC BUYERS GUIDE (a weekly newspaper of comics-related
info), Rudy was cancelled due to low readership.  However, the article
mentioned the esteem it has garnered from comics fans and fellow cartoonists
alike.

                "Flaming Carrot!...  Do you see
                 Communists behind every bush?"
                                                "No... but SOMETIMES they
                                                 hide there."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty