[net.rumor] N.J. YANKEES?

suhina@kodak.UUCP (brian suhina) (03/03/86)

I heard last weekend that the YANKEES might move to the MEADOWLANDS.
The New Jersey Yankees? This should be in net.jokes shouldn't it George?
Right George? George can you hear me?

gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew S. Gerber) (03/05/86)

In article <241@kodak.UUCP> suhina@kodak.UUCP (brian suhina) writes:
>I heard last weekend that the YANKEES might move to the MEADOWLANDS.
>The New Jersey Yankees? This should be in net.jokes shouldn't it George?
>Right George? George can you hear me?

As a transplanted New Jersyite (no "which exit" jokes, now!), I say:
KEEP THE YANKEES OUT OF THE GARDEN STATE!

We'll take the Boston Celtics, tho!

|  Andrew S. Gerber    		MIT '87             Visible Language Workshop |
|  gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU, gerber@mit-mc.lcs.mit.edu, gerber@athena.mit.edu   |
|  UUCP: decvax!mit-eddie!mit-amt!gerber   decvax!mit-eddie!mit-athena!gerber |

miller@loral.UUCP (David P. Miller) (03/06/86)

I heard that Dick Williams (ex San Diego Padres manager) is going to be the
new Yankees manager. Can this be true ?. What has the world of baseball come
to ?.

					  BIG DAVE.

--

David P. Miller - Loral Instrumentation.           /    USUAL   \
sdcsvax!sdcc3!loral!miller                         \ DISCLAIMER /

krantz@csd2.UUCP (Michaelntz) (03/08/86)

> I heard last weekend that the YANKEES might move to the MEADOWLANDS.
> The New Jersey Yankees? This should be in net.jokes shouldn't it George?
> Right George? George can you hear me?

As a lifetime Mets fan, I'm all for anything that humiliates Yankee
fans, as moving out of the House That Ruth Built certainly would.
(So much for Yankee tradition, etc...)  As a lifetime New Jerseyan
(though I now live in Manhattan, thank God), I'm all for anything
that will help our unemployed poor citizenry, as such a move also
would.

So, I say: Go, Yanks.  Make the big move.  Leave New York to the
Mets, the team of the present and future...

kaufman@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (03/11/86)

>I heard that Dick Williams (ex San Diego Padres manager) is going to be the
>new Yankees manager. Can this be true ?. What has the world of baseball come
>to ?.

He's got to take a number.  Billy and Yogi are ahead of him.

By the way, has anyone else heard of the new Meadowlands Football League?

Ken Kaufman(uiucdcs!kaufman)