[net.rumor] Moammar has a twin

ccs029@ucdavis.UUCP ( Smiley) (01/30/86)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***

I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
I mean...Have you ever seen the two together?  Just a coincedence?

My roommate thinks that Richard Pryor and Moammar Khaddafy are
the same person.  He is basing his reasoning on a picture in
the SF Chronicle (1/29/86)...anyone else see it?

I don't have any evidence, but maybe, just maybe all three
personalities are the same.

This is getting scary.  Maybe there aren't that many people in this
world after all.

Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??

-Smiley.

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) (02/01/86)

> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
>
> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
> I mean...Have you ever seen the two together?  Just a coincedence?
>
> My roommate thinks that Richard Pryor and Moammar Khaddafy are
> the same person.  He is basing his reasoning on a picture in
> the SF Chronicle (1/29/86)...anyone else see it?
>
> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??

I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!

Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
indistinguishable?

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc@MIT-XX.ARPA

This space dedicated to Challenger and her crew,
Francis R. Scobee, Michael J. Smith, Ellison S. Onizuka, Judith Resnik,
Ronand E. McNair, Gregory B. Jarvis, and Crista McAuliffe.

"...and slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God."

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) (02/02/86)

> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??

See "The David Doyle / Tom Bosley Letters" (ref. Late Night with Dave,
The Book) -- "Returning incorrectly adressed mail blossomed into a
correspondence that lasted a decade!" .  There is, of course, a much
more reasonable explanation for their similar appearance, style, and
address...

					Bart Massey
					"Rumormonger of the Stars"
					..tektronix!reed!bart

P.S. -- *I* didn't buy it, my girlfriend did.  So it doesn't have any
captions in some of the pages...

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (02/02/86)

In article <341@frog.UUCP> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
>>
>> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
>> I mean...Have you ever seen the two together?  Just a coincedence?
>>
>> My roommate thinks that Richard Pryor and Moammar Khaddafy are
>> the same person.  He is basing his reasoning on a picture in
>> the SF Chronicle (1/29/86)...anyone else see it?
>>
>> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
>>
>I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!
>
>Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
>indistinguishable?

Did you know that James Watt and M Gorbachev were Siamese twins
separated at birth?  Ever notice how JW always tilts his head
a bit left and MG tilts his head a bit right?  Makes you think.

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

rosen@gypsy.UUCP (02/03/86)

> > I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
> > I mean...Have you ever seen the two together?  Just a coincedence?
> >
> > My roommate thinks that Richard Pryor and Moammar Khaddafy are
> > the same person.  He is basing his reasoning on a picture in
> > the SF Chronicle (1/29/86)...anyone else see it?
> >
> > Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
> >
> I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!
>
> Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
> indistinguishable?

I suspect that Dr. Ruth Westheimer (sp?) is actual Robert Blake (aka Baretta)
in drag.

S. Rosen
Siemens RTL
Princeton, NJ

tfn@mb2c.UUCP (Thomas Napolitano) (02/04/86)

> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
>
> -Smiley.

A few years ago the Lampoon pointed out that Bo Derek and Stevie
Wonder were one and the same.  Ever notice Bo's hair style?

Also, a local radio station played Bruce Springsteen's 'I'm on
fire' LP at 45 rpm.  Sounds a lot like Dolly Parton. Try it.

                   Tom
                   !ihnp4!mb2c!tfn
                   313-223-0797
                   CIS:70215,1130

vc253ah@unmc.UUCP (vc253ah) (02/05/86)

In article <> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
>> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
>> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
>I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!
>
>Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
>indistinguishable?

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm schitzpohrenic,
And so am I.....
RCR (vc253ah)

haddock@ti-csl (02/05/86)

John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, writes:

	> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***

	>Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
	>indistinguishable?

Sorry John but good ol' Frank looks too much like one of his own
chickens to be compared to a human even if it's New Yoooooorker, Ed
Koch.  As an aside, I pity the poor kid that looked similar (?) to
him in one of the "chicken dog" commericals a few years back.

You ask, "How would you know?  You're clear over there in Texas."

I reply, "Hey, I come from Maryland's Eastern Shore, where Frank
comes from as well!"

				-Rusty-

*hardcopy*		*electr{onic, ic}*
Rusty Haddock		ARPA:  Haddock%TI-CSL@CSNET-RELAY or Rusty@Maryland
POB 226015 M/S 238	CSNET: Haddock@TI-CSL
Texas Instruments Inc.	USENET: {ut-sally,convex!smu,texsun,rice}!ti-csl!haddock
Dallas, Texas		VOICE: (214) 995-0330
75266

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (02/05/86)

Oooh!  This is getting fun!

>> > I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.

>> > My roommate thinks that Richard Pryor and Moammar Khaddafy are

>> Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are

>I suspect that Dr. Ruth Westheimer (sp?) is actual Robert Blake (aka Baretta)

... plus the "Bosley/Doyle Tapes" (cf. Letterman).

Personally I think it's just gone too far to ignore.  It's damn clear
to me (and anyone else who's seen video of her recently) that Joni Mitchell
and Jeane Kirkpatrick are ONE and THE SAME.
--
Ken Rossen	...!{ihnp4,harvard,seismo}!bbnccv!krossen
____or____	krossen@bbnccp.arpa

colin@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Colin Kelley) (02/09/86)

Anyone noticed that Richard Simmons' mom (appears on a CitiCard commercial)
is actually Larry Bud Melman???

                        -Colin Kelley ..!{psuvax1,pyrnj}!vu-vlsi!colin

meehan@ihlpg.UUCP (Meehan) (02/12/86)

 In article <> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
 >> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
 >> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
 >> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
 >I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!
 >
 >Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
 >indistinguishable?

Have you ever noticed that Ted Koppel of Nightline and Alfred E. Neuman
of Mad magazine are indistinguishable?

lbo@ihlpl.UUCP (Oberlander) (02/12/86)

>  In article <> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>  >> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
>  >> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
>  >> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
>  >I am!  NO I'M NOT!!!!  Am too!  NO!!!
>  >
>  >Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
>  >indistinguishable?
>  >
> Have you ever noticed that Ted Koppel of Nightline and Alfred E. Neuman
> of Mad magazine are indistinguishable?

Have you ever noticed that Jimmy Carter and Howdy Doody are
indistinguishable?

paul@decuac.UUCP (02/14/86)

In article <233@vu-vlsi.UUCP>, colin@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Colin Kelley) writes:
> Anyone noticed that Richard Simmons' mom (appears on a CitiCard commercial)
> is actually Larry Bud Melman???

Please, let's not turn this newsgrouop into another net.bizzare.  Please
stick to posting rumors.

--
Paul H. Mauritz @ Digital Equipment Corporation

UUCP:   {decvax,seismo,cbosgd}!decuac!paul 	ENET:   decuac::paul
ARPA:   paul@decuac.DEC.COM 			AT&T:   (301) 731-4100 x4162
USPS:   8300 Professional Place, Landover MD USA EARTH 20785, MS-DCO/913

goudreau@dg_rtp.UUCP (02/15/86)

In article <233@vu-vlsi.UUCP> colin@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Colin Kelley) writes:
>Anyone noticed that Richard Simmons' mom (appears on a CitiCard commercial)
>is actually Larry Bud Melman???

Actually, I've heard that it's Larry Bud's "Evil Twin".

Bob Goudreau

jxs7451@ritcv.UUCP (02/15/86)

In article <233@vu-vlsi.UUCP> colin@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Colin Kelley) writes:
>Anyone noticed that Richard Simmons' mom (appears on a CitiCard commercial)
>is actually Larry Bud Melman???
    ^^^^^^^^

If poor old Larry actually was Richard Simmons' mom on the commercial,
then they would not be twins.

jxs   "In sunny downtown Rochester"(or something like that)

vc253ah@unmc.UUCP (vc253ah) (02/18/86)

In article <> lbo@ihlpl.UUCP (Oberlander) writes:

>>  In article <> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>>  >> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR RUMOR ***
>>  >> I think that Burt Convey and Moammar Khaddafy are the same person.
>>  >
>>  >Have you ever noticed that Frank Purdue and Mayor Ed Koch are
>>  >indistinguishable?
>>  >
>> Have you ever noticed that Ted Koppel of Nightline and Alfred E. Neuman
>> of Mad magazine are indistinguishable?
>
>Have you ever noticed that Jimmy Carter and Howdy Doody are
>indistinguishable?

Have you ever noticed that Doug Alan and Kate Bush are
indistinguishable?
RCR.

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (02/25/86)

In article <817@decuac.UUCP> paul@decuac.UUCP (Paul H. Mauritz) writes:
>Please, let's not turn this newsgrouop into another net.bizzare.  Please
>stick to posting rumors.
>

>--
>Paul H. Mauritz @ Digital Equipment Corporation
>
>UUCP:   {decvax,seismo,cbosgd}!decuac!paul 	ENET:   decuac::paul
>ARPA:   paul@decuac.DEC.COM 			AT&T:   (301) 731-4100 x4162
>USPS:   8300 Professional Place, Landover MD USA EARTH 20785, MS-DCO/913
No!  LET'S TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER NET.BIZARRE!  I enjoyed net.bizarre
immensely and would enjoy its return.  Yes, I believe Gene Spafford
was out of his mind.  Net.bizarre existed to prevent this from happening
to any other newsgroup.  So if you'll kindly bring it back, we'll stop
troubling the rumourmongers.
					Carl Greenberg

jgold@bbncca.ARPA (Jamie Gold) (03/01/86)

>> Any comments?  Do you know of anyone who is leading a double life??
>
>See "The David Doyle / Tom Bosley Letters" (ref. Late Night with Dave,
>The Book) -- "Returning incorrectly adressed mail blossomed into a
>correspondence that lasted a decade!" .  There is, of course, a much
>more reasonable explanation for their similar appearance, style, and
>address...

I always suspected David Doyle and Tom Bosley of being the same
person.  How about Susan Sarandon and Leslie Ann Warren?
Montalban and Lamas?  David Wayne and Burgess Meredith?
Michael Beck and Jan Michael Vincent?  Peter Graves and the Man
from Glad?

mcewan@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (03/10/86)

> No!  LET'S TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER NET.BIZARRE!  I enjoyed net.bizarre
> immensely and would enjoy its return.  Yes, I believe Gene Spafford
> was out of his mind.  Net.bizarre existed to prevent this from happening
> to any other newsgroup.  So if you'll kindly bring it back, we'll stop
> troubling the rumourmongers.

A bizarre mailing list exists to prevent this from happening to innocent
newsgroups. Get the address from the "Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists"
message in net.announce.newusers.

			Scott McEwan
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"I'm sorry, sir. According to your identification you're not even born
 yet. Come back in 500 years."

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (03/14/86)

In article <12400012@uiucdcs> mcewan@uiucdcs.UUCP writes:
>> No!  LET'S TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER NET.BIZARRE!  I enjoyed net.bizarre
>> immensely and would enjoy its return.  Yes, I believe Gene Spafford
>> was out of his mind.  Net.bizarre existed to prevent this from happening
>> to any other newsgroup.  So if you'll kindly bring it back, we'll stop
>> troubling the rumourmongers.
>A bizarre mailing list exists to prevent this from happening to innocent
>newsgroups. Get the address from the "Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists"
>message in net.announce.newusers.
>			Scott McEwan
>			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan
That was what net.bizarre was for, too...
The "ug.bizarre" I *am* subscribed to, the only problem is that it is much
slower than when you have a newsgroup.  Compare a few articles a week to 16
or so a day in net.rumour when the weirdos come out.  I don't know about
you, but I'm enjoying this.
							Carl Greenberg