[net.rumor] Return of net.bizarre

mcb@k.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Browne) (03/13/86)

In article <12400012@uiucdcs> mcewan@uiucdcs writes:
>> No!  LET'S TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER NET.BIZARRE!  I enjoyed net.bizarre
>> immensely and would enjoy its return.  Yes, I believe Gene Spafford
>> was out of his mind.  Net.bizarre existed to prevent this from happening
>> to any other newsgroup.  So if you'll kindly bring it back, we'll stop
>> troubling the rumourmongers.
>
>A bizarre mailing list exists to prevent this from happening to innocent
>newsgroups. Get the address from the "Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists"
>message in net.announce.newusers.
>
>			Scott McEwan
>			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

If everyone thinks that the purpose of mail.bizarre is to protect "innocent"
newsgroups, I hereby disolve mail.bizarre.  On with the invasion of
net.rumor!  Bizarroids of the world unite!  You have nothing to lose but
your chains.  You have a newsgroup to win.
--
UUCP: ..!seismo!k.cs.cmu.edu!mcb		ARPA: mcb@k.cs.cmu.edu

"It came time to move, so I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two
blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch..."

apak@oddjob.UUCP (Adrian Kent) (03/16/86)

This posting is partially supported by National Science Foundation grant
NSF-744-196843-FG