[net.rumor] not just a rumor - there is evidence!

merrill@dec-raja.UUCP (03/27/86)

RUMOR: There Is A Net.Police Out To Control Your Mind.  As Evidence I
Cite The Following, Self Important Message:

 From:	RHEA::DECWRL::"lll-lcc!bandy@lll-crg....
 Newsgroups: net.rumor

 Please do not post junk to net.rumor. Net.rumor is for *rumors*, not
 whatever happend to tickle your funny bone today. Things that are
 allegedly humorous should go to net.jokes. If your article is a
 follow-up, please change the Newsgroups: headers to a more
 appropriate group.
 --  I'm PROUD to be a CARBON-BASED lifeform!

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (03/28/86)

> RUMOR: There Is A Net.Police Out To Control Your Mind.  As Evidence I
> Cite The Following, Self Important Message:

  Screw you and your "net police". Newsgroups are created for a specific
purpose; when any random bozos start posting whatever the hell they feel
like regardless of the newsgroup charter, what's the point of having
newsgroups? And without newsgroups, the net is unmanageable even from
the reader's point of view, and it collapses under it's own weight.
And you are at LEAST as self-important as myself and the person you
were following up, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

--Greg