[net.rumor] Silicon

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (03/27/86)

I have heard a rumor that Andy Scott Beals is a silicon-based
life form.  Can anyone confirm this?

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (03/29/86)

In article <12715@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) writes:
>I have heard a rumor that Andy Scott Beals is a silicon-based
>life form.  Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm this.  Here at Lunatic Laboratories Unlimited we have been
conducting extensive studies of this entity, and we have concluded that
there is no actual protoplasmic Andy Scott Beals.  We've figured out that
he's an artificial system administrator program that worships the idea of
"useful information" as signal and "humor" as noise.  Anything with an indecent
signal to noise ratio (according to him) shouldn't exist in the first place-
inefficient.  Now remember, Andy, this is just a rumour..  But we can't help
it if it's confirmed easily....
							Carl Greenberg
Hell with it.  I OWN Lunatic Laboratories Unlimited, and my opinions ARE
those of the whole damn company!

jablow@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Eric Robert Jablow) (03/29/86)

In article <12715@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@brahms (Matthew P. Wiener) writes:
>I have heard a rumor that Andy Scott Beals is a silicon-based
>life form.  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, Andy is a silicon-based life-form.  I know him personally, and he keeps
tracking sand behind him.

			Respectfully,
			Eric Robert Jablow
			MSRI
			ucbvax!brahms!jablow

shark@unirot.UUCP (chris rhodes) (03/29/86)

* You won't see this. *

>I have heard a rumor that Andy Scott Beals is a silicon-based
>life form.  Can anyone confirm this?
>
>ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

No, but I've heard an equally nastry rumor that Andy (he'll always
be lll-crg!bandy to me) reads every piece of mail that goes through
lll-{crg,lcc}.  An associate of mine, upon suspecting this, tagged
"And Andy...I know you're reading this..." to the end of one of his
(private) letters.  Within 10 minutes (lll-crg was connected to his
system at the time) came a letter from lll-crg!bandy : no body,
but only the subject "what makes you think I read your mail."  Scary,
isn't it?

Chris Rhodes / Shooting Shark / Tiburon Systems
{ihnp4,seismo,ll-xn,qantel,sun}!***lll-crg***!csuh!shark
"My opinions are the same as yours, since I have no personality."