[net.rumor] Harriet-Gram

shipley@violet.berkeley.edu.berkeley.edu (/violet_e/shipley) (06/02/86)

In article <305@gumby.UUCP> you write:

>(Text of Harriet-Gram:)
>From: Harriet C. Birch <harvard!topaz!lll-crg!lll-lcc!harriet@rsch.wisc.edu>
>To: topaz!harvard!uwvax!puff!schaefer@rsch.wisc.edu
>Subject: Re:  Re: Bandy Grams (contest)
>
>Dear Matt,
>
>Hiya!
>Y'all shouldn't bother to post to
>the net askin about Andy. Why don't
>you just ask me? I work in his building
>and bump into him every now and then.
>
>Let me know,
> Harriet
>ps. I think you can reach me at
>lll-lcc!harriet or at harriet@lll-lcc.arpa
>(end of Harriet-Gram)
>
>This is the second such letter I've gotten from Harriet. So I am starting a
>rumor that I am in the lead in the Harriet-Grams contest. Can anyone verify
>or disprove this?
>---Matt Schaefer

I have had two for over a month now.  Also after some usenet
invesigation I conclude:  HARRIET IS JUST A POINTER!!!

				--Pete

lilly@leadsv.UUCP (06/03/86)

In article <771@jade.BERKELEY.EDU>, shipley@violet.berkeley.edu.berkeley.edu (/violet_e/shipley) writes:
>> In article <305@gumby.UUCP> you write:
>> >
>> >(Text of Harriet-Gram:)
>> >From: Harriet C. Birch <harvard!topaz!lll-crg!lll-lcc!harriet@rsch.wisc.edu>
>> >To: topaz!harvard!uwvax!puff!schaefer@rsch.wisc.edu
>> >Subject: Re:  Re: Bandy Grams (contest)
>> >
>> >Dear Matt,
>> >
>> >Hiya!
>> >Y'all shouldn't bother to post to
>> >the net askin about Andy. Why don't
>> >you just ask me? I work in his building
>> >and bump into him every now and then.
>> >
>> >Let me know,
>> > Harriet
>> >ps. I think you can reach me at
>> >lll-lcc!harriet or at harriet@lll-lcc.arpa
>> >(end of Harriet-Gram)
>> >
>> >This is the second such letter I've gotten from Harriet. So I am starting a
>> >rumor that I am in the lead in the Harriet-Grams contest. Can anyone verify
>> >or disprove this?
>> >---Matt Schaefer
>>
>> I have had two for over a month now.  Also after some usenet
>> invesigation I conclude:  HARRIET IS JUST A POINTER!!!
>>

>> 				--Pete

     IT'S Harriette  .....  and I'm definately an ARAY .....

                            Just Visitiing.......
                                 Just Consulting........
                                      Just Sleeping...........
                      Harriette   or

                                   H. (e). L. L.

matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (06/06/86)

In article <771@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> shipley@violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Peter) writes:

>>(Text of Harriet-Gram:)
>>From: Harriet C. Birch <harvard!topaz!lll-crg!lll-lcc!harriet@rsch.wisc.edu>
>>To: topaz!harvard!uwvax!puff!schaefer@rsch.wisc.edu
>>Subject: Re:  Re: Bandy Grams (contest)
>>
>>Dear Matt,
>>
>>Hiya!
>>Y'all shouldn't bother to post to
>>the net askin about Andy. Why don't
>>you just ask me? I work in his building
>>and bump into him every now and then.
>>
>>Let me know,
>> Harriet
>>ps. I think you can reach me at
>>lll-lcc!harriet or at harriet@lll-lcc.arpa

I got one of those and I didn't even "post to the net askin about Andy".
It even started out with the same first line.
Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt

okunewck@gondor.UUCP (Philip E. OKunewick) (06/12/86)

In article <771@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> shipley@violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Peter) writes:
>> [...]
>>This is the second such letter I've gotten from Harriet...
>>---Matt Schaefer
>
>I have had two for over a month now...
>                               --Pete

Ain't that somethin'?  I too am the proud possesser of two identical
harrietgrams.  These things seem to come in pairs.

Harriet - If you're out there -
Are you a real person or just bandy in drag?

                                        ---Duck