[net.sport.baseball] re-examine

rainbow@ihuxe.UUCP (01/10/85)

Newsgroups: net.sport.baseball   Subject: Re: RE2:cubbie court

>please re-examine the texts involved.

I did. I looked at them real hard. And I am even more offended this time
around. The original article is full of outright lies, false acusations,
and baseless attacks. I'll avoid repeating my responses since I've already
said my piece.

I cannot help that these attacks did not occur against something you
support or care about. Consequently don't try to judge something you
don't understand.

>the unfairness of the Cubs sharing the profits
false accussation

>a TV contract which demands night games
lie

>claiming exemption from its responsibilities
lie

>The Cubs COULD have raised the issue beforehand
it was

>presumably could have negotiated with the league and the networks
>to be get such a waiver
they did

>presumably at the price of part of their cut of the contract being
>used to reimburse the networks should the Cubs win.
direct attack without foundation

>They did not.
direct attack without foundation

Protestations against being pressured to play night games
>lie

>cheerfully accepting the profits made possible by other clubs playing
>night games has more than a hint of hypocrisy.
direct attack without foundation

>If Cub management (and fans) wish to impress me with their sincerity, let
>them refuse their share (or some portion thereof) of the profits
>they get from the networks for baseball holding weekday
>playoff/championship games being played at night.
direct attack without foundation

Now try and keep a straight face and tell me I shouldn't be offended.

If you're going to condone such behavior, take it elsewhere.

If someone says group A is this and that, and you do not belong to group A,
then you're going to support this someone when group A protests? For
your sake, I doubt it. Otherwise please re-evaluate your ethics and morals.

Robert