[net.sport.baseball] San Diego bullpen

wutka@gitpyr.UUCP (Mark Wutka) (03/22/85)

  Yeah, we got Sutter and he will make a difference. It seems to
me that San Diego's bullpen wasn't too bad last year. It was the
starters that lost their guts against Detroit.
  Although, your relief pitcher's can't aim very well. It took
4 at bats before one of the could hit Perez. I just hope you
got some guys in the bullpen that have some sense in their heads
this season.
  With Horner back, the only way ANYBODY will cruise to first it's
us. That's not saying that we will come in first, but that we aren't
gonna let anyone cruise by. I think we will come in first, anyway.

--
Mark Wutka
Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!wutka
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!wutka

  The author of this message is purely fictitious. Any similarity
to any real character, living or dead, is purely a pigment of
your warped imagination.

sdi@loral.UUCP () (03/25/85)

In article <243@gitpyr.UUCP> wutka@gitpyr.UUCP (Mark Wutka) writes:

>  Yeah, we got Sutter and he will make a difference. It seems to
>me that San Diego's bullpen wasn't too bad last year. It was the
>starters that lost their guts against Detroit.
>  Although, your relief pitcher's can't aim very well. It took
>4 at bats before one of the could hit Perez. I just hope you
>got some guys in the bullpen that have some sense in their heads
>this season.
>  With Horner back, the only way ANYBODY will cruise to first it's
>us. That's not saying that we will come in first, but that we aren't
>gonna let anyone cruise by. I think we will come in first, anyway.

The Padres have beefed up their pitching staff with Lemar Hoyt and
Stoddard (from the Cubs).  Those bullpens guys that did such a good
job that some will be starters this year.

Ohh, and since you just started the beanball discussion (this is appropriate
since Perez threw the first beanball last year) let me inform you that
our bullpen guys do have sense in their heads.  We don't look forward to
any silly fights this year.  But if one comes along these guys will do
their best to nail the beanball offender with the first pitch of his
first time at bat.  It is very sloppy to not get him until 4 bats later!