[net.sport.baseball] The Ideal Game

dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) (05/24/85)

[]
Here's a new topic I thought might be interesting. What would be the
baseball game that you would most enjoy seeing? For example, here's mine:

Mets vs. Cubs, Darling pitching for the Mets.
Mets win 1-0. Cubs get 8 hits, have at least one baserunner in every inning.
Mets get 1 hit. Winning run crosses in 7th when Backman beats out a bunt,
steals second, goes to third on a 70-foot groundout by Wilson,
and scores on a sacrifice fly by Hernandez.

Incidentally, I think this is why I would rather watch the Mets. I enjoy
this year's typical Met game (3-2, no errors) much more than this year's
typical Yankee game (11-8, 5 errors). (man the asbestos shields!)

Isaac Dimitrovsky

ogre@mhuxl.UUCP (LO COCO) (05/30/85)

> Incidentally, I think this is why I would rather watch the Mets. I enjoy
> this year's typical Met game (3-2, no errors) much more than this year's
> typical Yankee game (11-8, 5 errors). (man the asbestos shields!)

	Who were you watching in 1962 when the Mets would make that
	many errors in one inning. (I'm manning the torches you Met rooters.)
	But good luck to you anyway. You'll need it to get by the Padres.
	I'm not attributing that to the former Yanks either.
--

				John B. Lo Coco
				(...mhuxl!ogre)

ee171adl@sdcc3.UUCP (BRUCE BINDER) (05/31/85)

In article <3900006@csd2.UUCP>, dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) writes:
> []
> Here's a new topic I thought might be interesting. What would be the
> baseball game that you would most enjoy seeing?

Maury Wills leads off with a walk, steals second, sacraficed to
third, scores on a long fly.
Sandy Koufax pitches a shutout.

halle@hou2b.UUCP (J.HALLE) (06/03/85)

>In article <3900006@csd2.UUCP>, dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) writes:
>> []
>> Here's a new topic I thought might be interesting. What would be the
>> baseball game that you would most enjoy seeing?
>Maury Wills leads off with a walk, steals second, sacraficed to
>third, scores on a long fly.
>Sandy Koufax pitches a shutout.
This game, or a close variant, actually happened.  Koufax won his
last no-hitter, a perfect game, 1-0.  The run scored something
like described.  The other pitcher threw a one hitter.