[net.sport.baseball] Broadcasters and STL Cardninals

martin@aecom.UUCP (Martin Klaman) (07/15/85)

> My favorite baseball braodcasters:
>
> 1.  Al Michaels  (ABC)
> 2.  Skip Carey   (Atlanta Braves)
> 3.  Jon Miller   (Baltimore Orioles)
> --
> Al Gates
> BDM Corporation                 {seismo,rlgvax}!bdmrrr!gates
> 7915 Jones Branch Drive
> McLean, Virginia  22102
>
> (My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the BDM Corporation)

What about Jack Buck (St. Louis Cardinals) ? He's the best in the business.

Speaking of which ...

Why haven't Cardinal fans been speaking up? The Cardinals have been in first
for three weeks now and are doing great. Their starting pitching has been
superb (esp. Andujar, Cox, and Tudor) and their hitting has been great
all season.

			   Martin Klamen

dcm@busch.UUCP (Craig Miller) (07/18/85)

In article <1798@aecom.UUCP> martin@aecom.UUCP (Martin Klaman) writes:

>What about Jack Buck (St. Louis Cardinals) ? He's the best in the business.

	Yep.  For you anti-St. Louis people, one thing we can boast about
	is decent sports broadcasters.  Jack Buck and Dan Kelly are both
	the 'best in their business'.  Jay Randolph ain't too bad, either.

>Why haven't Cardinal fans been speaking up? The Cardinals have been in first
>for three weeks now and are doing great. Their starting pitching has been
>superb (esp. Andujar, Cox, and Tudor) and their hitting has been great
>all season.

	We're having too much fun watching baseball! :-)  Don't forget their
	defense.  Probably best team in the majors up the middle (shortstop,
	second, center).  And here people thought they'd fold without Sutter...

	1982 all over again?

--
	Craig Miller
	..!ihnp4!we53!busch!dcm