[net.sport.baseball] Strike Imminent

radio@spuxll.UUCP (Rick Farina) (07/31/85)

The Wednesday edition of the Newark Star-Ledger reports
that Mets players have been advised to make their own
travel arrangements for August 5th, after their game at Wrigley Field.
The team is due to travel to Montreal to open a series there
on August 6th, which is the day the strike begins.

raf
------

jcc@uvaee.UUCP (Jay Colognori) (08/03/85)

In article <699@spuxll.UUCP> radio@spuxll.UUCP (Rick Farina) writes:

>The Wednesday edition of the Newark Star-Ledger reports
>that Mets players have been advised to make their own
>travel arrangements for August 5th, after their game at Wrigley Field.
>The team is due to travel to Montreal to open a series there
>on August 6th, which is the day the strike begins.

	With the money they make, they will no doubt fly home first
class. I guess they are going on strike so that they can fly their
own jets home the next time they decide to strike. (Mets fans: I am
NOT, I repeat NOT, picking on the Mets players only. The comment
pertains to all players regardless of what team they play on. I assume
all the ownwers will "kindly" ask their players to make their own
arrangements home on the 5th (as they should).)

						-Jay C.