[net.sport.baseball] N.Y. fans, MVP, Gooden, etc, etc.

dcm@busch.UUCP (Craig Miller) (09/20/85)

N.Y. Fans booing Canadian national anthem:

	How can anyone boo such an awesome national anthem?  As far as
	I'm concerned, it's one of the neatest (prettiest?) anthems I've
	ever heard.  Anyway, back to the subject...  I don't care what
	city they were in or what.  Anyone who boos another country's
	national anthem has no class.  Period.  If the same thing had
	happened in St. Louis, I would have the same opinion.  No class.
	Granted, the only thing I really heard about it was on the net,
	but it didn't sound too inspiring.  I'm kinda embarrassed for the
	U.S.

MVP:

	Everyone who mentioned Guerrero (sp?) made some excellent points.
	I haven't kept up much with what L.A. has done, but it sounds to
	me like he may be the biggest reason why they're doing so good...
	As for Gooden and the Cy Young/MVP controversy, I don't think he
	should be overlooked for the MVP just because he'll get the Cy Young.
	That's not what it's all about.  If he deserves both, fine.  He
	should get both.  Period.  None of this "each guy should only get
	one award" stuff...  As far as McGee winning the MVP, I think his
	stats speak for him.  You'd have to admit he's having a pretty good
	season...  But, it depends alot on who's in first in their division
	at the end of the season.

Rookie of the Year:

	Any candidates? (yet another Cardinal comes to mind...:-)  Is there
	anyone in the league doing as much as Coleman has done for the Cards?
	(I'm asking for real responses here...  I don't get a chance to
	follow the rest of the league as much as I'd like to, so I really
	would want to hear about some of the other rookies that are tearing
	the league up...)  Just curious...

NL East division race:

	This one is going to be hard to call.  I'm holding my breath on
	this one...  Anyone have any real predictions?

			Craig
--
	Craig Miller
	{*}!ihnp4!we53!busch!dcm

- Since I'm a consultant here and not an Anheuser-Busch employee, my
  views (or lack of) are strictly my own.

jhr2@houem.UUCP (J.ROSENBLUTH) (09/23/85)

>Rookie of the Year:

	>Any candidates? (yet another Cardinal comes to mind...:-)  Is there
	>anyone in the league doing as much as Coleman has done for the Cards?
	>(I'm asking for real responses here...  I don't get a chance to
	>follow the rest of the league as much as I'd like to, so I really
	>would want to hear about some of the other rookies that are tearing
	>the league up...)  Just curious...

Tom (?) Browning of the Reds is something like 18-7 and has
become the ace of the staff over Soto.

				Josh Rosenbluth (...ihnp4!!houxm!houem!jhr2)

In article <508@busch.UUCP> dcm@busch.UUCP (Craig Miller) writes:
>NL East division race:
>
>	This one is going to be hard to call.  I'm holding my breath on
>	this one...  Anyone have any real predictions?

Yes.  I predict that New York will not be involved in post-season play
this year.

Frank Adams                           ihpn4!philabs!pwa-b!mmintl!franka