[net.sport.baseball] Back in Oakland...

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (09/28/85)

Craig Miller writes:
>(2)	the Expos' Hubie Brooks let go of (i.e. threw) the bat so many
>	times in today's game that a message was displayed on the
>	scoreboard stating that fans could *not* keep a baseball bat if
>	one was thrown into the stands...

Interesting ... because before the Oakland games they specifically
announce that a fan is welcome to keep a ball or bat that is thrown
into the stands.

ANYWAY ...

5500 other dedicated fans and I watched the White Sox trounce the A's
last night.  Kittle had two home runs with 5 RBI going 4 for 5.

But the real thriller for A's fans was Jose Canseco.

In the second inning he hit a 474' shot to the left field power alley
off Bannister.  Almost made it into the concession stand in the bleachers!
It was the only A's run until the 7th.

Then in the 7th with Bannister relieved by a rookie (Korea?), when Canseco
came to bat the stadium announcer announced that Diamond Vision would
present a replay of Jose's 2nd inning homer.  The Diamond Vision director
must have decided the pitcher was about to deliver and interrupted
the tape before we got to see it (actually the pitcher had turned around
to watch the replay with the rest of us).  So we didn't get to see the
tape replay.

Instead we got another home run.  This time to the opposite field just
over the fence, but a treat nonetheless!

I think 1986 keeps looking better and better!

They must be concerned about Canseco's vision though, because before
every game we all stand up and sing, "Jose can you see?"

--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Product Development