[net.sport.baseball] Post-Season Flame

radio@spuxll.UUCP (Rick Farina) (10/10/85)

[...Just wait till next year...]

The divisional races have been settled, and we are now left with the
following pairings for the LCS:

	NL: St. Louis vs Los Angeles
	AL: Toronto vs Kansas City

Is this some kind of joke? Is this supposed to entertain we baseball fans??
Ain't it funny how the more things change, the more they remain the same???

KC was in it last year, but they're in it just about every year and
EVERY YEAR THEY LOSE.

The entry from the NL East is from a different town, but just like
last year's entry they are a CAREER-YEAR TEAM.

The NL Worst entry is from a different town, but like last
year's entry they are OVERRATED WITH NO BUSINESS BEING IN POST SEASON PLAY.

And the AL East has once again, albeit from a different city, sent
us the EVENTUAL WORLD SERIES WINNER.

So, who will lose to the Blue Jays in the World Series, you ask?
Well, last year the Career-Year Cubs woke up in the third game of the
LCS and realized -- Hey! We're in the LCS! Suddenly, reality overwhelmed
them, and their career-year performance evaporated.
The Career-Year Cardinals will similarly awake sometime during their LCS
play against the Dodgers. But unlike the Career-Year Cubs of 84, the
opposition this time is the Dodgers, and against this Dodger team it's easy
to play way over your head. Heck, John Tudor would have a season just like
this season [winning 20 out of his last 21 decisions -- gimme a break!]
every season if he had to face the Dodgers all the time.
So, the Career-Year Cardinals will defeat the Overrated Dodgers,
only to be destroyed by the Blue Jays, simply in a class by themselves.

raf
---

P.S. Hey Frank, give up on Foster and Mookie, and give Beane and Dykstra
a chance. They can't do much worse, and they're cheaper.

ronin@reed.UUCP (Miguel Angel Colon) (10/13/85)

In article <735@spuxll.UUCP> radio@spuxll.UUCP (Rick Farina) writes:

>The NL Worst entry is from a different town, but like last
>year's entry they are OVERRATED WITH NO BUSINESS BEING IN POST SEASON PLAY.
>
>And the AL East has once again, albeit from a different city, sent
>us the EVENTUAL WORLD SERIES WINNER.
>
>So, who will lose to the Blue Jays in the World Series, you ask?
>Well, last year the Career-Year Cubs woke up in the third game of the
>LCS and realized -- Hey! We're in the LCS! Suddenly, reality overwhelmed
>them, and their career-year performance evaporated.
>The Career-Year Cardinals will similarly awake sometime during their LCS
>play against the Dodgers. But unlike the Career-Year Cubs of 84, the
>opposition this time is the Dodgers, and against this Dodger team it's easy
>to play way over your head. Heck, John Tudor would have a season just like
>this season [winning 20 out of his last 21 decisions -- gimme a break!]
>every season if he had to face the Dodgers all the time.
>So, the Career-Year Cardinals will defeat the Overrated Dodgers,
>only to be destroyed by the Blue Jays, simply in a class by themselves.

Hey Rick,
	Do you even read your own letters? Have you been following the
"overrated" Dodgers take a 2-1 lead in the LCS. Whats this about John
Tudor? Try making sense next time o.k.?
	I do agree that the DH should be removed, but the Dodgers
should have a hard time taking out the Blue Jays. Can you really
believe that the Dodgers just happened to stumble into post season
play. Take it from the top Rick.
	And by the way, George should be put on the bench and Ken and
Danny should try for left field. Leave Mookie alone, I think he will
bounce back in a big way next year. Bean needs alittle more time and
will do if someone gets hurt again.

	AND IN 1986, ALL OF BASEBALL WILL FEAR THE METS.
						(I hope...)

	  ronin @ reed
	...ihnp4!{harvard|tektronix}!reed
	...decvax!tektronix!reed
	...teneron!reed

michaelf@ISM780.UUCP (10/16/85)

            How can you call the Dodgers overrated? What a joke.
      They have the best staff in the majors and one of the most
      feared hitters in all of baseball. What other team is more
      deserving? You're not a sour-graped Met fan, are you?

kenf@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU (10/17/85)

  Cardinals dispose of Dodgers in 6 games. Blue Jays choke in front
  of the home town crowd. It's a show down in the Show Me state.
  So sorry you were not entertained but if you think the Blue Jays
  are in a class by themselves you'll have to define just what class
  you are talking about. They are the best baseball team in Canada but
  that's like being the best bob sled team  in Hawaii :-).
      ken fortenberry