[net.sport.baseball] A.L. championships, Blue Jays, Cosel

jimb@ISM780B.UUCP (10/16/85)

>Subject: TV
>-----------
>Since I am a fan on an AL team (Blue Jays), I don't follow the NL closely.
>However what does upset me, is the number of games that concentrated
>on the NL.  I think NBC saturday game of the week should be renamed
>to 'Dodgers on NBC'.  It seems that whenever I caught a Sat. game on NBC
>it was Dodgers vs. ???.
>Over the last several weeks of the regular schedule, the only games that
>were on (NBC and ABC, possibly CBS) seemed to show Mets vs. ??? and
>Cards vs. ???.  Now I know that those teams were involved in a fairly
>tight race, but none of those games involved head-to-head games of the
>competing teams.
>For some reason NONE of the Yankee vs. Blue Jays or K.C. vs. Angels were
>telecast over the last several weeks (I am not sure about K.C. & Angels).
>Oh, well!  I guess the TV moguls know best what's good for their pockets.

Perhaps the moguls realize that the American, or inferior, League's only
purpose for existence is for the N.L. to have somebody to beat in the
World Series.  8-)  :-)  %-)  :-}

      -- from Jim Brunet, provocateur at large

		  decvax!cca!ima!jimb

		  ucbvax!ucla-cs!ism780!jimb

		  ihnp4!vortex!ism780!jimb

pete@umcp-cs.UUCP (Pete Cottrell) (10/18/85)

In article <28000003@ISM780B.UUCP> jimb@ISM780B.UUCP writes:

>Perhaps the moguls realize that the American, or inferior, League's only
>purpose for existence is for the N.L. to have somebody to beat in the
>World Series.  8-)  :-)  %-)  :-}

Someone is tempting the fates to strike him down. Oh god, please please
please PLEEEEZZZ let's not get started on this one!!
--
Call-Me:   Pete Cottrell, Univ. of Md. Comp. Sci. Dept.
UUCP:	   {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!pete

cffres@uvaee.UUCP (Chuck Ferrara) (10/21/85)

In article <28000003@ISM780B.UUCP> jimb@ISM780B.UUCP writes:

>Subject: TV
>-----------
>Since I am a fan on an AL team (Blue Jays), I don't follow the NL closely.
>However what does upset me, is the number of games that concentrated
>on the NL.  I think NBC saturday game of the week should be renamed
>to 'Dodgers on NBC'.  It seems that whenever I caught a Sat. game on NBC
>it was Dodgers vs. ???.
>Over the last several weeks of the regular schedule, the only games that
>were on (NBC and ABC, possibly CBS) seemed to show Mets vs. ??? and
>Cards vs. ???.  Now I know that those teams were involved in a fairly
>tight race, but none of those games involved head-to-head games of the
>competing teams.
>For some reason NONE of the Yankee vs. Blue Jays or K.C. vs. Angels were
>telecast over the last several weeks (I am not sure about K.C. & Angels).
>Oh, well!  I guess the TV moguls know best what's good for their pockets.

True, who wants to watch baseball in a stadium that seagulls use for
a toilet bowl?

roy@hpmtla.UUCP (roy) (10/22/85)

>Perhaps the moguls realize that the American, or inferior, League's only
>purpose for existence is for the N.L. to have somebody to beat in the
>World Series.  8-)  :-)  %-)  :-}

In th All-star game also...

Roy