[net.sport.baseball] Attendance at CS games

jwm00@duts.UUCP (John McKenna) (10/24/85)

This message is actually in regards to the discussion of attendance at
league championship games.  It is interesting to note that game 6 of
the NLCS was NOT sold out.  Some may claim that this is due to the
scheduling of the game in the middle of a workday, however, in an area
of 8-10 million people that excuse does not fly.  Additionally, many
fans did not show up until the third inning and left after the seventh
as usual.

Toronto fans have a legitimate excuse(the lack of good sight lines +
exorbitant prices) but LA "fans"(?) do not.  While they also suffered
from ridiculous ticket prices imposed by the league theirs is one of the
nicer stadiums in all of major league sports.  So what's the deal?
Where were the true sports fans in LA?  Out at a Kings game perhaps?

jimmy@scgvaxd.UUCP (Kahuna Finn) (10/29/85)

In article <141@duts.UUCP> jwm00@duts.UUCP (John McKenna) writes:
>This message is actually in regards to the discussion of attendance at
>league championship games.  It is interesting to note that game 6 of
>the NLCS was NOT sold out.  Some may claim that this is due to the
>scheduling of the game in the middle of a workday, however, in an area
>of 8-10 million people that excuse does not fly.  Additionally, many

Actually there are 12+ million people!!

>fans did not show up until the third inning and left after the seventh
>as usual.

The surf was up!!!

>Toronto fans have a legitimate excuse(the lack of good sight lines +
>exorbitant prices) but LA "fans"(?) do not.  While they also suffered
>from ridiculous ticket prices imposed by the league theirs is one of the
>nicer stadiums in all of major league sports.  So what's the deal?
>Where were the true sports fans in LA?  Out at a Kings game perhaps?

Definitely not at a King's game (did they play that day?)
I agree somewhat, just thought I'd correct the geographical
error and have some fun  :~)

Jim Raisanen