[net.sport.baseball] Bush

cherson@nonode.DEC (11/12/85)

>You and that idiot Denkinger can both go straight to hell.

Are all the fans in St.Louis like this or is there someone who is a Cards' fan
that has a bit of class?  I think this was the guy who was blabbering about
the American league being the "minor" league.  I don't think that after this
response that there is any doubt who is minor league.

By the way, Billy Williams a National league umpire, said that he was
personally ashamed by the Cardinal's behavior during the series.

David Cherson

dcm@busch.UUCP (Craig Miller) (11/14/85)

In article <1386@decwrl.UUCP> cherson@nonode.DEC writes:

>>You and that idiot Denkinger can both go straight to hell.
>
>Are all the fans in St.Louis like this or is there someone who is a Cards' fan
>that has a bit of class?  I think this was the guy who was blabbering about
>the American league being the "minor" league.  I don't think that after this
>response that there is any doubt who is minor league.

(flame on)
	Are all the people at DEC like this, or does everyone there
	think that all Cardinals fans live in St. Louis?  Ok, now look
	closely at the article of the guy who made the Denkinger comment.
	I believe it came from some guy at the University of Illinois.
	*NOT ST. LOUIS*  Wow.  Then maybe there are Cardinal fans elsewhere
	besides St. Louis then?  See, you learn something new every day.
	Yep, and just because one fan makes a remark that you don't like
	(and that may not be appropriate), the NL is a minor league, right?
	Come on.  Get off of it.  And the remark about 'a bit of class'?
	Yeah, right.
(flame off)

	Btw, I think the Denkinger thing has been worn out.  Onward!

		Craig

	(my apologies to DEC, but I had to make a point.  I was not
	 intending to point a finger at anyone else there...   sorry)
--
	Craig Miller
	UUCP: ..!ihnp4!we53!busch!dcm

- Since I'm a consultant here and not an Anheuser-Busch employee, my
  views (or lack of) are strictly my own.

roy@hpmtla.UUCP (roy) (11/15/85)

>Are all the fans in St.Louis like this or is there someone who is a Cards' fan
>that has a bit of class?  I think this was the guy who was blabbering about
>the American league being the "minor" league.

Wrong you are David!

It was I who made the comment about "minor league" ball.
I'm not a Cardinal fan.
I also thought they acted without class.
Sure, Denkinger blew the call, but that's baseball.
(He certainly didn't cause Clark to misplay Balboni's foul pop!)

My true feelings are that the leagues are quite balanced,
although there is some discrepancy between East and West
in both leagues (oops, here we go again),
and after hearing all year long about the AL East being

   {drum roll please!}

   "baseball's toughest division",

I felt like having a little fun.
Sorry that you AL'ers took it so seriously.

Roy

P.S. Congats to K.C. Seems to me that IS why they keep score!