[net.music] Louie Louie

hdj (11/12/82)

Does anyone out there know the lyrics to that old favorite, "Louie Louie?"
You know, the dirty ones...

			Herb
			burdvax!hdj

carey (11/15/82)

I don't know the original (dirty) lyrics to Louie Louie,
but I remember one verse as performed by Richard Meltzer's group Vom
a couple years back:
               My girl licks those postage stamps
               Rides her bike up and down the ramps
               She's fond of knitting when she gets home
               Buckminster Fuller's gonna buy her a dome

murray@sbcs.UUCP (06/07/83)

       It wasnt the London Philhrarmonic. Zapppa says, 'Now for Louie Louie on
the giant and majestic Albert Hall organ, and this guy from his band goes
running up to the organ keyboards and plays it - much to the audience's delight.I was there - which is how I know. They put it on the Uncle Meat album.
Probably one of the reasons that the stuffy management of the Albert Hall
decided not to let Zappa play ther re again. It was a great place for rock
concerts. I saw Hendrix, the Who (when they were still a rock group, and
not geriratrics recreating the old times), and Chuick Berry there, too.
(Excuse the punctuation in the quote above.)

jbtubman@water.UUCP (Jim Tubman [LPAIG]) (05/13/85)

A year or two ago, the words to "Louis Louis" were posted.  Unfortunately,
I didn't save them.  Could some kind soul who saved them, mail them
to me?

(If sending song lyrics across the net is Not Done, then forgive and ignore.)

Thank you.

						Jim Tubman
						University of Waterloo

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (05/15/85)

As long as we are doing Louie Louie related stuff, I heard a rumor here on
the Right Coast, that some radio station on the Left Coast had a Louie-
Louie-thon, where they played 100 (1000?) different versions of the song
over a weekend...consecutively.  Can anyone verify this?  Does anyone have
a list (even a partial list) of what they played??

--Evan Marcus

--

{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!pedsgd!pedsga!evan
                         ...!petfe!evan

"We're all different."
"I'm not."

9222wl@hou2a.UUCP (W.LEE) (05/16/85)

NOTE:  I am posting from someone else's account!

I heard an even better one on the CBS Saturday Evening News a few weeks back:
There is a move in Washington state to make "Louie, Louie" the state song.
Paul Revere and the Raiders were singing it on the steps of the state capitol.
This is not without prescedent, as some New Jersians wanted "Born to Run" as
the state song.

Diane Wilkerson
..!hobcms!hopd4!dvw

cmoore@BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) (05/16/85)

I'm not saying the LouieLouieThon played any of these, but:
I forget who did the original version;
Kingsmen had biggest selling version, in 1963;
also recorded by Beach Boys (only available on a greatest-
hits LP?)

rosen@gypsy.UUCP (05/17/85)

[]

	Could someone post the words to 'Louie Louie' on the net?  This is
such an interesting song that I thought it would be of general interest.  I
know that the song is originally by the Kingsmen and was redone by mucho
others.  A friend of mine told me that for a long period of time, people
actually thought that the words in this song were dirty!  That was because
nobody could every make out what was being said.  Can anyone confirm that
fact?  I never heard that fact from any other source.

Steve Rosen
rosen@siemens

devine@asgb.UUCP (Robert J. Devine) (05/17/85)

  Can anybody from the state of Washington say what's happening
with this song's nomination for state song?  I heard a report
on NPR that a state legislator had proposed it.

Bob Devine

tom%udel-cc-vax1.delaware@UDEL-LOUIE.ARPA (UFFNER) (05/19/85)

I believe the station you're refering to may have been WMMR in
Philadelphia. They did something fairly big along those lines
back at the begining of april. I wasn't in town at the time so
I can't give any more specific info tho-

			    Tom Uffner

			    tom%UDel-cc-vax1.Delaware@UDel-louie.ARPA

And what is good, Phaedrus;
And what is not good?
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (05/19/85)

In article <282@petfe.UUCP> evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) writes:
>As long as we are doing Louie Louie related stuff, I heard a rumor here on
>the Right Coast, that some radio station on the Left Coast had a Louie-
>Louie-thon, where they played 100 (1000?) different versions of the song
>over a weekend...consecutively.  Can anyone verify this?  Does anyone have
>a list (even a partial list) of what they played??
>{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!pedsgd!pedsga!evan
>   ^                         ...!petfe!evan
    ^
    ^    There's your answer.  I believe it was none other than KALX, the
    Univ. of Calif. Berkeley radio station, that had the Louie-Louie-thon.
    Go Bears!!
--
           __
          /  0_____			Alan Steinberg
          |       .\		{ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan
          |   )----'
         / | \ \    "The wind doth taste so bittersweet,
          \_____/    Like those of Caspar Weinberger."
           |____)           -- P. Opus, distinguished flightless water fowl