Date:     5 Feb 85 13:33:38-CST (Tue)
From:     Fbrown at Micom
To:       info.unix at Brl
cc:       fbrown at Micom
Subject:  Re:  IBM 2780 Bi-sync communications

Marc;

I am supposed to recieve from Sperry Corp. a porting of level V unix for the
Sperry 1100/71 computer which I have.  In this "at&t verified" standard system
the UNIX will run concurrently with the native operating system.  Sperry runs
in a true synchronous mode, however I also have a handler that is supposed to
allow access by IBM 3270 type terminals in a bisynchronous mode.  If and when it
works I will broadcast to the net.

Frank Brown

----- End of forwarded messages

lindahl@waltz.UUCP (02/09/85)

/**** waltz:net.unix / aplvax!marc /  1:30 pm  Jan 31, 1985 ****/
Does anyone know of a system that supports IBM 2780 Bi-sync
communications in a UNIX environment (I seem to remember
reading something about the 3B20 having such a capability).
I need to know relative to UNIX support for synch. word
processors. Thanks for any pointers.
--
					marc gates
					umcp-cs!aplvax!marc