[net.music] Monty Python's Lumberjack Song

jake@uxrd2.UUCP (J. Jacoberger) (05/23/85)

Does anyone out there know all the words to Monty Python's
Lumberjack Song?

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (05/24/85)

In article <119@uxrd2.UUCP>, jake@uxrd2.UUCP (J. Jacoberger) writes:

> Does anyone out there know all the words to Monty Python's
> Lumberjack Song?

*** Replace this line with a Norwiegen Blue Parrot ***

Yes.

--
edward

		 {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
			{mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx! -|-->	ukma!edward

		{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! -|
		{clyde,osu-eddie,ulysses}! ---|

	"Well, what's on the television then?"
	"Looks like a penguin."

	()

        |--		Support barrier free design
       /|---
      |     \  _
       \___/ \=

owen@uw-june (Owen Beckley) (05/24/85)

Here are the words to Monty Python's Lumberjack song to the best of my
knowledge.  I remember them from an album I heard a long time ago, so
there may be some errors:

    (chorus)
    Oh, I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK.
    I Sleep all night and I work all day.

    I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea.

    (repeat chorus)

    I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers.
    I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars.

    (repeat chorus)

    I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra.
    I wish I'd been a girly, just like my dear Papa.

    (repeat chorus)
--

  Owen Beckley                                              |\
  University of Washington Computer Science                /| \

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (05/24/85)

(This is from memory:)

Singer:	I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.
	I sleep all night an I work all day.
	I chop down trees; I eat my lunch;
	I go to the lavatry.
	On Wednesdays I go shopping
	And have butter scones with tea.

Chorus:	He chops down trees; he eats his lunch;
	He goes to the lavatry.
	On Wednesday he goes shopping
	And has buttered scones with tea.
	He's a lumberjack and he's okay.
	He sleeps all night and he works all day...

Singer: I chop down trees; I skip and jump;
	I love to press wild flowers.
	I put on women's clothing
	And hang around in bars.

Chorus:	He chops down trees; he skips and jumps;
	He loves to press wild flowers.
	He puts on women's clothing
	And hangs around in bars ??!!?!!?
	He's a lumberjack and he's okay.
	He sleeps all night and he works all day...

Singer:	I chop down trees; I wear high heels
	Suspenders, and a bra.
	I wish I'd been a girlie
	Just like my dear Papa.

Chorus:	He chops down trees; he wears high heels,
	Suspenders, and a bra???????

(At this point, the whole chorus of mounties walks off in disgust.)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764