[net.unix] Looking for TCP/IP support under XENIX

rosalia@reed.UUCP (Mark Galassi) (06/06/85)

In article <156@cernvax.UUCP> psa@cernvax.UUCP (P.S. Anderssen) writes:
>Does anybody know of a suitable TCP/IP software package which could run
>under XENIX ?  Any hints about ongoing work in this direction would be
>welcome.

At Reed we are trying to have an ethernet link between Intel 310 computers
(running XENIX 286) and our VAX (UNIX 4.2bsd). I know that a company
called Exelan (spelling?) markets a board which will connect XENIX
to UNIX 4.2 using the TCP/IP protocols, but I don't know if it functions
on IBM computers (I have dealt with Intel 310 computers).
On the other hand there is the OpenNet network which links XENIX 286 with
other OSs on Intel or IBM computers, which is marketed by intel. From the
beta release we have at Reed, it seems to work very well (transparent access
to other computers on the network, as if you never changed machine).
So here is my question:

	**  Does anybody know about an OpenNet port to UNIX 4.2?  **

I know that Intel has one for internal use, but they don't seem to be
marketing it. Is someone else coming out with this?
If I get lots of response, I shall post a summary of everything I can
concerning Ethernet and XENIX 286.
					Mark Galassi
				...!tektronix!reed!rosalia